Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 05-19-2021, 01:58 PM   #391
alizaineddin
alizaineddin began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
hi davidfor and everyone,

I also have a bricked Kobo Glo and I tried all other options ( hard reset etc) and none worked. I can't turn it on so I can't factory reset.

I am now at the last option of reinstalling the firmware on the microSD ( i figured out how to remove it). But my problem is : i ended up FORMATTING the microSD and it is completely blank.

I need your help please!! How do I do about recreating all the needed directory files and root files etc, and then inserting the firmware in the .kobo directory file.

please help! Also kindly send me the link that you send everyone
Old 05-19-2021, 08:12 PM   #392
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
PM sent.

The image file is a complete image of the SD card. You need to write it to the card. There are instructions in Memory Upgrade Mod Guide.
Old 08-19-2021, 08:35 AM   #393
SalvoG
SalvoG began at the beginning.

Device: kobo glo
Complete image of the SD card

Hello
I also need a complete SD card image for my kobo glo. the firmware is bricked and I cannot run the ebook again
can you please send to my email
salvatore.giosue@gmail.com

Thank you
regards
Old 08-19-2021, 09:57 AM   #394
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

PM sent.
Old 09-06-2021, 11:08 AM   #395
supermax
supermax began at the beginning.

hello
i have same bricked device
may i have the img please?
thanks
Old 09-06-2021, 12:31 PM   #396
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Old 10-08-2021, 12:49 PM   #397
david.
david. began at the beginning.

Hi!
My uSD isnt working.. got my Kobo Glo bricked.. could someone send me the img? Thanks a lot!
Old 10-08-2021, 08:36 PM   #398
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Old 10-09-2021, 05:14 AM   #399
david.
david. began at the beginning.

And... came back from the dead! Thanks again, @davidfor!
Old 10-24-2021, 05:45 AM   #400
bakgwei
bakgwei began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Need image as well

Hi David,

hoping that you are stil active here - could you kindly send me the image for my Kobo Glo as well? Much appreciated!
Old 10-24-2021, 08:54 AM   #401
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

@bakgwei: You need to enable Private Messaging. This is in the "Edit Options" of the control panel. If this isn't there, it has to be added somehow. You can try posting in https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=319819 to ask it to be enabled, or contact a moderator.
Old 10-25-2021, 04:13 AM   #402
bakgwei

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
@bakgwei: You need to enable Private Messaging. This is in the "Edit Options" of the control panel. If this isn't there, it has to be added somehow. You can try posting in https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=319819 to ask it to be enabled, or contact a moderator.
Thanks for the inf, DMs are enabled now. If you could kindly try again? Thanks!
Old 10-25-2021, 04:58 AM   #403
bakgwei

Thank you David, DMs are enabled now. Could you kindly try and message me again?
Old 10-25-2021, 05:08 AM   #404
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Old 10-25-2021, 05:28 AM   #405
bakgwei

Thanks a lot, fingers crossed it will work!
Closed Thread