Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 09-10-2021, 01:29 PM   #1
rfog
Guru
rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots of eInk devices and iOS stuff
Nova2 wifi not connecting to a FritzBox!

Just got a new FritzBox! Router. I set it as WPA2+WPA3 and all my devices connect via wifi except Nova2.

It says "Saved, Secured with WPA2 PSK" but does not connect.

However, Note 3 connects without any issue. And my 2 kindles, my 2 pocketbooks and my 2 kobo, except the Nova2.

Any idea why?
rfog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2021, 02:53 AM   #2
lepau
Connoisseur
lepau doesn't litterlepau doesn't litter

Device: M92
are both frequencis (2.5 and 5 GHz) activated on the Fritzbox?
lepau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2021, 03:03 AM   #3
rfog
Guru
rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lepau View Post
are both frequencis (2.5 and 5 GHz) activated on the Fritzbox?
Yes, with same name. What intrigues me a lot is that much older devices connect without any issue, devices only 2.5HGz and WPA2 only.

I enabled guests wifi, open, and connects, but I don't want have an open Wifi only for the Nova2 and any other foreign that discover here is an open wifi.
Old 09-11-2021, 04:15 AM   #4
menpe
Enthusiast
menpe exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovermenpe exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovermenpe exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovermenpe exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovermenpe exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovermenpe exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovermenpe exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovermenpe exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovermenpe exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovermenpe exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovermenpe exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: Boyue Likebook P78, Onyx Boox i86HDML+
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfog View Post
Yes, with same name. What intrigues me a lot is that much older devices connect without any issue, devices only 2.5HGz and WPA2 only.

I enabled guests wifi, open, and connects, but I don't want have an open Wifi only for the Nova2 and any other foreign that discover here is an open wifi.
Direct quote from a German site which might help:
"If your device still cannot be connected, this may be due to the PMF (Protected Management Frames) function. It offers enhanced protection during the connection setup phase, but not all devices support PMF. To deactivate the function for the FritzBox, for example, click on WLAN and Security in the menu and under "Additional security settings", activate the checkmark next to Support for protected registrations of WLAN devices (PMF) . At last, click Apply ."

If nothing else works, there might be the option to hide the guest network's SSID. It won't broadcast anymore, connections will be available by manually entering the network's ID. Depends on the router if this option is available tho.
menpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2021, 04:24 AM   #5
rfog
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by menpe View Post
Direct quote from a German site which might help:
"If your device still cannot be connected, this may be due to the PMF (Protected Management Frames) function. It offers enhanced protection during the connection setup phase, but not all devices support PMF. To deactivate the function for the FritzBox, for example, click on WLAN and Security in the menu and under "Additional security settings", activate the checkmark next to Support for protected registrations of WLAN devices (PMF) . At last, click Apply ."

If nothing else works, there might be the option to hide the guest network's SSID. It won't broadcast anymore, connections will be available by manually entering the network's ID. Depends on the router if this option is available tho.
Two good ideas... Thanks.

Sadly, none works. I cannot disable PMF (it is grayed in router options) and there is no option to hide the guest wifi... However, if no other solution is available, I've enabled it as WPA2 only and seems being working. As I've enabled send emails on new devices connected, secure enough.
Old 09-11-2021, 04:26 AM   #6
lepau
Connoisseur

- are the required Wfi protocols (a/b/g/n/x) activated?
- does the FB allow new devices to connect?
Old 09-11-2021, 04:33 AM   #7
rfog
Guru

Quote:
- are the required Wfi protocols (a/b/g/n/x) activated?
- does the FB allow new devices to connect?
Yes (only option is enable/disable WiFi, or at least I haven't found where enable or disable different protocols).

And yes, I only have an email notification if a new device is connected.

Question is very older devices connect well. The only offending one is this Nova2.
Old 09-13-2021, 07:48 AM   #8
lepau
Connoisseur

it's probably not the case here, but worth to mention:
I lately had a device that could only connect, if it was very close to the FB. Otherwise it could see the Wifi network, but not connect.
Old 09-14-2021, 07:23 AM   #9
rfog
Guru

Quote:
it's probably not the case here, but worth to mention:
I lately had a device that could only connect, if it was very close to the FB. Otherwise it could see the Wifi network, but not connect.
Sadly, it is not the case. It has plenty of signal. Router is only about 3 metres far.
Old 09-14-2021, 10:57 AM   #10
MicroDrie
Connoisseur
MicroDrie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MicroDrie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MicroDrie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MicroDrie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MicroDrie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MicroDrie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MicroDrie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MicroDrie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MicroDrie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MicroDrie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MicroDrie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PC, Linux Mint, Tablet, and Telephone
The question is who, the Nova2 or the FritzBox! router says:

Quote:
It says "Saved, Secured with WPA2 PSK" but does not connect.
The Nova2 can be connected to the guest network. This means that you can connect and see in the DHCP list to which MAC address and which TCP/IP address the Nova2 connects.

The answer why should the Nova2 work on your guest network and not on your secure network is possible:
  • Your Nova2 is set to the wrong fixed address and/or subnet mask
  • Your Nova2 uses a certificate to connect.
You should therefore check if you see the MAC address of your Nova2 in the subnet overview of your DHCP server list if it is connected to the secure network. That's what the message seems to point to. If the MAC address is in the DHCP connection list, then you have a connection on the access layer and possibility of blocked by a security mechanism.

Either it has
  • a fixed IP address that matches within the subnet of your guest network (Wi-Fi setting must be DHCP to received correct network settings),
  • or you have ever worked with a certificate to establish a secure connection with a network provider. I can only find documentation for a Nova3 use of a certificate. Normally, I find the use of a certificate to make a secure connection only for a secure connection on public Wi-Fi access points.

Since your other devices do connect, you might consider a factory reset for your Nova2 to clean up your network connection configuration. First make a backup of your files on your Nova2.

So the first step is to see if the Nova2 is configured for DHCP,
Second step is check if certificate is used
Third step is make a backup and set the device back to factory default and configure your network in the Nova2
MicroDrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 11:16 AM   #11
Pajamaman
Wizard
Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Nova
Can it connect to the WiFi? If not, try removing the WiFi password.
Pajamaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 02:51 AM   #12
lepau
Connoisseur

Quote:
Sadly, it is not the case. It has plenty of signal. Router is only about 3 metres far.
for th device it had to be about 30 centimeters
Old 09-17-2021, 05:18 AM   #13
MicroDrie
Connoisseur
MicroDrie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MicroDrie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MicroDrie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MicroDrie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MicroDrie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MicroDrie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MicroDrie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MicroDrie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MicroDrie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MicroDrie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MicroDrie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PC, Linux Mint, Tablet, and Telephone
Quote:
for th device it had to be about 30 centimeters
In that case, do you see then the MAC address in the DHCP list of the router?
MicroDrie is offline   Reply With Quote