Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-30-2014, 01:32 PM   #436
emailabhinand
emailabhinand began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW2
Guys,
can any1 confirm if the sideloaded xray is working after update to 5.6.1. i tried alot of things mentioned in this post, but cant get it to work.
emailabhinand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 03:26 PM   #437
Bookmonkey
Bookmonkey began at the beginning.

Device: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by emailabhinand View Post
Guys,
can any1 confirm if the sideloaded xray is working after update to 5.6.1. i tried alot of things mentioned in this post, but cant get it to work.
i tried it yesterday and got it to work using the windows app
Bookmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-03-2015, 04:45 PM   #438
Ephemerality
Addict
Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1
Quote:
Originally Posted by emailabhinand View Post
Guys,
The Windows application is experimental for 5.6.1 but mostly works. The calibre plugin doesn't work at all for it yet.
Ephemerality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 12:11 AM   #439
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
The Thread Title says Kindle Touch but Paperwhite has since been Mentioned...

Hello. I hope I'm in the right place.

Is there a current Calibre plugin version available for the Paperwhite 2?

I'm on an iMac running Yosemite 10.10.1 with Calibre 2.15.

I've seen a few updates attached in recent posts, but I'm not sure what is what and don't want to download the wrong thing.

Please & Thank you.
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 01:18 AM   #440
Ephemerality
Addict
Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyssa View Post
Hello. I hope I'm in the right place.

Is there a current Calibre plugin version available for the Paperwhite 2?

I'm on an iMac running Yosemite 10.10.1 with Calibre 2.15.

I've seen a few updates attached in recent posts, but I'm not sure what is what and don't want to download the wrong thing.

Please & Thank you.
Not sure about the compatibility of the plugin itself, but if your PW2 has firmware 5.6.1 you won't be able to use it yet, only the application linked in the post above yours can build x-rays for that version of the Kindle firmware.
Ephemerality is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-04-2015, 08:25 AM   #441
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ephemerality View Post
Not sure about the compatibility of the plugin itself, but if your PW2 has firmware 5.6.1 you won't be able to use it yet, only the application linked in the post above yours can build x-rays for that version of the Kindle firmware.

My P2 currently has Firmware 5.6.1.0.2

Okay, then I'll hold off. I rather use a Calibre compatible plugin than a separate application.

Thank you much.
Old 01-06-2015, 03:26 PM   #442
mjwilson
Connoisseur
mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard
FYI I've started work on updating the plugin for the new format.
mjwilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 04:49 PM   #443
Nyssa
Series Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjwilson View Post
FYI I've started work on updating the plugin for the new format.

Oh, cool. Good to know. Thank you.
Old 01-31-2015, 09:27 AM   #444
mjwilson
Connoisseur
mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

OK, here's the first version of the plugin which might just about do something useful for the new firmware.
Remember to tick the "Create new XRay format" box when generating.
Old 01-31-2015, 09:27 AM   #445
mjwilson
Connoisseur

Forgot to attach it...
Attached Files
File Type: zip plugin_xray_generator.zip (79.1 KB, 803 views)
Old 01-31-2015, 11:08 AM   #446
SquiddOhio
Connoisseur
SquiddOhio inspires wonder wherever he or she goes.SquiddOhio inspires wonder wherever he or she goes.SquiddOhio inspires wonder wherever he or she goes.SquiddOhio inspires wonder wherever he or she goes.SquiddOhio inspires wonder wherever he or she goes.SquiddOhio inspires wonder wherever he or she goes.SquiddOhio inspires wonder wherever he or she goes.SquiddOhio inspires wonder wherever he or she goes.SquiddOhio inspires wonder wherever he or she goes.SquiddOhio inspires wonder wherever he or she goes.SquiddOhio inspires wonder wherever he or she goes.

Device: Kindle Touch
I installed the new plug-in, put in the shelfari reference, clicked the little check box, indicated the various temp and working directories, ran the plug-in and did not get any error messages (which I get if I don't put in the Shelfari info). When I delete the book (fiction) on my Kindle (Voyage) and send it again, after using the plug-in on it, the X-Ray icon on the Kindle is grey. Is there something else I have to do? Do I need to move some files over to the Kindle as well? I can't seem to find instructions for this new version of the plug-in.
Thanks for all your help.
SquiddOhio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 11:21 AM   #447
mjwilson
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquiddOhio View Post
I installed the new plug-in, put in the shelfari reference, clicked the little check box, indicated the various temp and working directories, ran the plug-in and did not get any error messages (which I get if I don't put in the Shelfari info). When I delete the book (fiction) on my Kindle (Voyage) and send it again, after using the plug-in on it, the X-Ray icon on the Kindle is grey. Is there something else I have to do? Do I need to move some files over to the Kindle as well? I can't seem to find instructions for this new version of the plug-in.
Thanks for all your help.
Sorry yes, you have to manually copy the file over to the Kindle using USB. There should be a ".sdr" folder for the book, copy the generated file into there.
Old 02-06-2015, 09:44 PM   #448
Bookmonkey

Quote:
OK, here's the first version of the plugin which might just about do something useful for the new firmware.
Remember to tick the "Create new XRay format" box when generating.
Well, I've got a weird one. The generator gives me the .asc file but I cannot get it to copy over to the Kindle sdr folder on OSX. It seems to work but when I eject the Kindle to check it I get no X Ray file. When I reconnect the Kindle to the MacBook the .asc is no longer in the sir folder. Any ideas?

I was getting the X Rays to work using the older windows only generator., except for chapters etc not working. I would just copy them from my shared drive onto the Kindle plugged into my MacBook. Doing the same thing with the plugin now just doesn't work.I can't get the .asc file to "stick" on my Kindle
Old 02-07-2015, 03:12 AM   #449
mjwilson
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookmonkey View Post
Well, I've got a weird one. The generator gives me the .asc file but I cannot get it to copy over to the Kindle sdr folder on OSX. It seems to work but when I eject the Kindle to check it I get no X Ray file. When I reconnect the Kindle to the MacBook the .asc is no longer in the sir folder. Any ideas?

I was getting the X Rays to work using the older windows only generator., except for chapters etc not working. I would just copy them from my shared drive onto the Kindle plugged into my MacBook. Doing the same thing with the plugin now just doesn't work.I can't get the .asc file to "stick" on my Kindle
The only thing I can think of is that the Kindle is rejecting the file for some reason and deleting it.

Does the newer GUI generator (not the plugin) work?
Old 02-10-2015, 02:51 PM   #450
Bookmonkey

Quote:
The only thing I can think of is that the Kindle is rejecting the file for some reason and deleting it.

Does the newer GUI generator (not the plugin) work?
Yep the GUI version worked

Tags
application, k5 tools, kindle, kindle tools, x-ray