Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers

Notices

Old 02-03-2018, 03:23 PM   #1
ballfresno
Addict
ballfresno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ballfresno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ballfresno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ballfresno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ballfresno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ballfresno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ballfresno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ballfresno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ballfresno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ballfresno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ballfresno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo (Sage, Aura One, Aura HD, & Touch); reMarkable tablet.
Remarkable: linux client

Given the recommendation in the general discussions thread, when that thread was moved to the other ebook readers forum, I thought I would start a new thread on accessing the tablet from GNU/Linux systems.

A PHP based client has been written by Andreas Gohr which gives full access to the tablet's contents stored on the cloud, allowing listing, uploading and downloading: the ReMarkable API github site.

On Debian, I had to simply clone the repository,
Code:
git clone https://github.com/splitbrain/ReMarkableAPI.git
, then
Code:
sudo apt install composer
and finally
Code:
composer install
. At this point, I could use the remarkable.php script to start interacting with the cloud storage for the reMarkable tablet.

Works very well for listing and downloading; uploading has some quirks which I am still investigating (tablet claims documents are corrupt).

Update: there was a bug with the upload aspect. Raised an issue and this was resolved very quickly! Works very well now.

Last edited by ballfresno; 02-04-2018 at 07:41 AM. Reason: updating status of the software for uploading documents
ballfresno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 07:09 PM   #2
Philippe D.
Addict
Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2o; reMarkable; Onyx Max 2 Pro
Do I understand this correctly - this lets you interact with the cloud storage, not directly with the device, right? So to have an effect on the device, you need to activate the cloud uploading/downloading?
Philippe D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-09-2018, 09:38 AM   #3
ballfresno
Addict
ballfresno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ballfresno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ballfresno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ballfresno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ballfresno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ballfresno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ballfresno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ballfresno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ballfresno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ballfresno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ballfresno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philippe D. View Post
Do I understand this correctly - this lets you interact with the cloud storage, not directly with the device, right? So to have an effect on the device, you need to activate the cloud uploading/downloading?
Yes, that is correct. For me, this is a good thing as it means I can send or get stuff to/from the tablet without being next to the tablet.
Old 04-04-2018, 07:24 AM   #4
glasnost
Connoisseur
glasnost with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitglasnost with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitglasnost with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitglasnost with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitglasnost with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitglasnost with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitglasnost with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitglasnost with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitglasnost with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitglasnost with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitglasnost with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Device: PW3, Kobo Aura H2O
Late to the party, here. But thank you for finding this (and raising the issue with the api!) I find the cloud... challenging, in that I work primarily with ebooks, so having an access method that is more reliable than what I have found with the windows/android clients is awesome. Maybe I'll even connect the tablet to the cloud from time to time :-p
glasnost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 09:17 AM   #5
ballfresno
Addict

An update: as of today, it looks like this means of accessing the reMarkable tablet no longer works. It seems like the API for accessing the cloud storage has changed. This is very annoying as it's the easiest way to upload and download documents to/from the tablet from Linux.
Advert

Tags
linux, remarkable