Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 12-09-2009, 10:55 PM   #1
mukoan
Lord Of All That's Beige
mukoan has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mukoan has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mukoan has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mukoan has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mukoan has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mukoan has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mukoan has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mukoan has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mukoan has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mukoan has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mukoan has not lost his or her sense of wonder.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Charles Stross chats about Ebook Readers

Interesting piece from one of my fav Sci-Fi authors about ereaders. I find it personally interesting because... (1) he's a fav sci-fi author of mine who actually has a clue when it comes to the ebook industry, (2) he used to use a sony prs505, the device I have and love, (3) he raised a similar point I raised in this post about the goodness of devices that do one simple thing well, rather than lots of things poorly.

He also gives kudos to Kovid.

http://www.antipope.org/charlie/blog...s-300_ebo.html

Last edited by mukoan; 12-09-2009 at 10:58 PM.
mukoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 10:58 PM   #2
Ocean
Banned
Ocean will become famous soon enoughOcean will become famous soon enoughOcean will become famous soon enoughOcean will become famous soon enoughOcean will become famous soon enoughOcean will become famous soon enough

Device: Proud G1 Kindle Owner
He's a very good author...thanks!
Ocean is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-10-2009, 12:35 AM   #3
DawnFalcon
Banned
DawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with others

Device: N/A
And he's still with a publisher which doesn't do ebooks, by and large. And he is still, personally, by his actions still very much in the control-what-you-think-arround-here-but-we'll-say-otherwise camp.

I remain unconvinced.
DawnFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 02:26 AM   #4
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnFalcon View Post
And he's still with a publisher which doesn't do ebooks, by and large. And he is still, personally, by his actions still very much in the control-what-you-think-arround-here-but-we'll-say-otherwise camp.

I remain unconvinced.
Except for his Merchant Princes series, I can get all of his novels through Fictionwise. Hmmmm...

Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote