Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-25-2016, 10:16 AM   #1
Zekathon
Zekathon began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Sync script

hello, I have searched the internet a bit and stumbled upon a script, which syncs files from a shared folder in gdrive to the ereader. The script seems to be outdated, but given the fact that it is still possible to share links and download files from a cloud (i tried OneDrive and it worked mostly well even with PDF files) it should be possible to use it. My knowledge of code is too low to modify it myself, so i hope someone will be interested in this and try to repair it, as the idea of not having to connect the ereader practically at all seems interesting to me.

What the script seems to do:
  • scan shared folder for subfolders and files
  • download files present in the gdrive shared folder
  • (optional) delete files in the ereader, which are no longer in the shared folder

here is the link to its Github and here is a blog, where i first found it

Last edited by Zekathon; 12-25-2016 at 10:25 AM.
Zekathon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2016, 10:53 AM   #2
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
You might be interested in this new function in KOReader. It looks to be merged into next build.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-26-2016, 06:48 PM   #3
Zekathon
Zekathon began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Maltby View Post
You might be interested in this new function in KOReader. It looks to be merged into next build.

Luck;
Ken
Oh, I have overlooked this announcement and i am vary glad to see it although i hoped more for the OneDrive then DBox, as it is integrated into Windows, this is still great news... and according to the info and the OneDrive's open API, it is just a matter of time to see OneDrive in the list too

thank you for the good news,
Zek
Zekathon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kobo, sync