Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-25-2015, 04:27 PM   #1
pgy
pgy began at the beginning.

Device: none
Possibly bricked Kobo Touch, need help

Hi!

I was updating my Kobo Touch (N905C) with the official windows desktop app when suddenly a power outage powered off my desktop and interrupted the update process .

Now my device is unresponsive and the led is glowing with green light. The screen is clear white. I tried to reboot both by holding the power button and by pressing the reboot button with a pin on the back, unfortunately both methods failed. The led glowed with blue light for a short time then changed to green, the screen turned to black for a moment, but remained the same clear white.

I got the internal sdcard out and examined it: the partitions, KoboRoot.tgz, and the upgrade folder seemed to be ok, the checksums in manifest.md5sum matched.

I created a backup of the sdcard and tried to manually upgrade the firmware with the latest Mark 4 Hardware: Glo/Aura HD/TouchLC (Low Cost -N905C Model) 3.17.0 version. Still no luck, everything remained the same.

Do you have any idea what to do next?

update:
I checked the checksums in the fs.md5sum files on the 1st and 2nd partition (with this command: md5sum -c fs.md5sum | grep FAILED > /tmp/failed-md5sum.txt). On the 2nd partition there were no errors, but on the 1st one 195 files failed. I attached the list of the failed files.
Attached Files
File Type: txt failed-md5.txt (8.3 KB, 285 views)

Last edited by pgy; 12-25-2015 at 04:41 PM. Reason: formatting
pgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2015, 07:37 PM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
The factory reset using the buttons has to be done with the device off. So:

- Charge if for a while.
- Hold the power switch in the off position for 20 seconds.
- Hold the home button down and turn it on.
- Release the home button when the LED starts to flash or the screen changes.

If that doesn't work the first time, try again but extend all the times a bit.

And if that doesn't work, you will can restore an image to the internal card. I have sent you a PM with a link to the image.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2015, 04:49 AM   #3
pgy
pgy began at the beginning.

Device: none
Restoring the image did the trick. Thank you.
pgy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bricked, kobo touch, unresponsive, white screen