Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 07-22-2017, 12:53 PM   #1
cvkemp
Loving life
cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PaperWhite 5,iPhone 13, IPad, MacBook Air
New IPhone 7 plus

My IPhone 5$ was getting to be a lot of trouble so I made the decision to upgrade and finally decided on the 7 plus. While being a man and carry it in my pockets I find the 7 plus to be very big and heavy with the otterbox case, I am finding it to be great to read ebooks on. Which I guess in the long run means I can travel lighter by not carrying my Kindle every where.
cvkemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 02:40 PM   #2
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvkemp View Post
My IPhone 5$ was getting to be a lot of trouble so I made the decision to upgrade and finally decided on the 7 plus. While being a man and carry it in my pockets I find the 7 plus to be very big and heavy with the otterbox case, I am finding it to be great to read ebooks on. Which I guess in the long run means I can travel lighter by not carrying my Kindle every where.
I had the 6+ for over two years. Actually, I still have it as a backup phone. Yep it is great for reading ebooks, but I got tired of the big size. I too always protect my iPhones with an Otterbox Defender, and that makes the 6+ really big. After two and a half years I got a iPhone 7. I really enjoy carrying the small 7 over the 6+, but I still have the 6+ in case I want to switch back for a while.
Advert
Old 07-22-2017, 04:15 PM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
I had the 6+ for over two years. Actually, I still have it as a backup phone. Yep it is great for reading ebooks, but I got tired of the big size.
Precisely why I have an iPhone 6, rather than a 6+. I don't need my phone to act as a book reader; that's my Kindle's job, and it's far better at it.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 04:28 PM   #4
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Precisely why I have an iPhone 6, rather than a 6+. I don't need my phone to act as a book reader; that's my Kindle's job, and it's far better at it.
Perhaps for you, but not for me. I prefer the iPhone over any eInk any day.
Old 07-22-2017, 04:31 PM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
Perhaps for you, but not for me. I prefer the iPhone over any eInk any day.
We can each use the device that works best for us, so all's right with the world
Advert
Old 07-22-2017, 07:13 PM   #6
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
I use a iPhone 7 plus as well, though I use a mophie battery case. I like to wear a scottevest and pants with cargo pockets (hey I'm a programmer, we aren't exactly big fashion types), so size isn't really an issue for me. I find that the iPhone 7 plus is big enough for me to read, even without reading glasses. I still do most of my reading on an iPad (mini on the go, Pro at home), but the iPhone 7+ works well enough for those rare times that I go out and forget to bring the iPad.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 07:40 PM   #7
Deskisamess
Wizard
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad mini, 2021 iPad Pro 12.9",Paperwhite 6.8"
I switched to an iPhone 7+ a few months ago, when my husband took over my 6. I have it in a Speck Grip case, and a tempered glass screen protector. I don't mind reading on it if I have to, but vastly prefer a front lit e-ink screen, especially in a dark room.

But I love this phone...even as a woman with smallish hands, it's by far my favorite smart phone so far.
Deskisamess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 09:58 PM   #8
cvkemp
Loving life
cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I will be using my kindle voyage for most of my reading, but I can use the iPhone for the doctor's visits, or when I am waiting for something and I didn't bring the kindle
Old 07-24-2017, 11:39 PM   #9
Dylrob
Murderous Mustela
Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad M1 Pro, Kindle Paperwhite
Personally, after owning an iPhone 6+ for a couple years, I find smaller phones completely unbearable now.
Dylrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 05:44 PM   #10
Penforhire
Wizard
Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage & iPhone 7+
I also worried my 7+ would be too big, coming from an iPhone 5. After using it for a year or so, now I want it even bigger! Mine is in a Speck Presidio grip case and it feels fine poking out 3/4" or so from a regular men's shirt pocket (else fully in a cargo-style shorts pocket on weekends).
Penforhire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 03:19 PM   #11
cvkemp
Loving life

After a week with the IPHONE 7plus I am a happy camper. So much so I have made the final switch to Apple by getting a MacBook Air. It has only taken me two days to figure out how to navigate around, use my mail, calendar, and the internet. I Am finally free of most things Microsoft.
A little background, I told all of my coworkers that when I retired I was going to get a IPhone, IPad and MacBook. It has taken me 3 years to completely keep that promise. You see for 15 years I supported Microsoft products as a MICROSOFT Certified Engineer, and by the time I retired I was so tired of anything Windows. I have never liked Windows from 8 on.
Old 08-02-2017, 01:13 PM   #12
cats2books
Enthusiast
cats2books doesn't littercats2books doesn't litter

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPhone 11, iPad Pro 12.9 and 9.7
I have an iPad mini and iPad Pro and I really enjoy using them. I got my first iPhone March 2016. I got the least expensive iPhone SE, because I didn't think that I would use it too much, since I have the iPads.

However, I found that I am using the phone more than I expected. It's convenient because it's always with me. I'm anxiously awaiting the September Apple event, because I plan on getting either the 7 plus or the new 7s plus. I really want a bigger phone and I'm hoping that the price will come down on the current models after the new version is announced.
cats2books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 01:32 PM   #13
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by cats2books View Post
I'm hoping that the price will come down on the current models after the new version is announced.
That's not the way that Apple do things, unfortunately.
Old 08-02-2017, 01:52 PM   #14
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
That's not the way that Apple do things, unfortunately.
It's not? The 6S/6S Plus dropped when the 7/7 Plus came out (pretty sure the 6 dropped when the 6S came out too). Well technically after the new one was released, not after it was announced.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 01:56 PM   #15
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
It's not? The 6S/6S Plus dropped when the 7/7 Plus came out (pretty sure the 6 dropped when the 6S came out too). Well technically after the new one was released, not after it was announced.
I don't know if it's different in the US Apple Store, but what generally happens in the UK is that when a new model is released, Apple stop selling all but the very low-end version of the previous model. So yes, you can get that a little more cheaply, but I wonder how many of those they sell?