Old 04-02-2015, 04:21 PM   #1
Giuseppe Chillem
Groupie
Giuseppe Chillem doesn't litterGiuseppe Chillem doesn't litter

Device: IREX DR1000
Multiple libraries seen as one

Hi,
I have written about this in the past.
I would like to have multiple libraries seen as one. I know there is the "virtual library option" but I prefer having different libraries because I have less "point of failure" (something in the main library fails have I have to start multi days recover and ... pray everything goes well.
Has been it implemented ?
Giuseppe Chillem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 04:32 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giuseppe Chillem View Post
Hi,
I have written about this in the past.
I would like to have multiple libraries seen as one. I know there is the "virtual library option" but I prefer having different libraries because I have less "point of failure" (something in the main library fails have I have to start multi days recover and ... pray everything goes well.
Has been it implemented ?
No
And it probably will never be because each Library can have a unique (custom column) structure
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-03-2015, 03:24 AM   #3
aleyx
Addict
aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Cybook Diva
If you keep separate libraries just for recovery convenience, I suggest you just consolidate them all and implement a robust backup strategy.

I personally have an autobackup once a week (sunday 19h30, using Duplicati) for everything in my profile, including my library. In addition I manually mirror my library (using FreeSyncFile) after an heavy Calibre session to my home server, where a headless calibre-server multi-instance is running 24/24.

And every night, the whole home server is backed up on my NAS.

I'm pretty worry-free on that front.

N.
aleyx is offline   Reply With Quote