Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-27-2015, 10:21 PM   #1
Cybermidas
Enthusiast
Cybermidas has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Cybermidas has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Cybermidas has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Cybermidas has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Cybermidas has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 3
Export Caliber Library to Onedrive

My HDD is about to die.
So, I planned to export the whole library to my Onedrive cloud storage.
However, when I drag and drop the caliber folder to Onedrive, only the folders get copied to it, not the files. So, I get lots of folders with nothing in them.

Please help me in solving this quandary.

Thanks in advance.
Cybermidas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 05:59 PM   #2
Paulie_D
Connoisseur
Paulie_D began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3, Samsung Tab 4
Why not just get Calibre to move it rather dragging & dropping.
Paulie_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-28-2015, 06:15 PM   #3
Glorfindel
Force-Aware Elf
Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 w/SO
Are you using chrome? It is supposed to be able to do onedrive uploads better for some applications. Otherwise install the onedrive application and copy and paste to the onedrive folder.
Glorfindel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 03:18 AM   #4
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Is calibre by any chance running while you try to move it?

I cannot think why, normally speaking, a bunch of files would refuse to copy...
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 04:19 AM   #5
jeffcdo
jeffcdo began at the beginning.

Device: iPad Pro
By any chance are you running up against Onedrive's 255 character filename limit?
jeffcdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-30-2015, 09:17 PM   #6
Cybermidas
Enthusiast
Cybermidas has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Cybermidas has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Cybermidas has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Cybermidas has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Cybermidas has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

@Jeffcdo
How Can I check that. However, if there was a 255 char limit then a few of the files would get uploaded..right? None of the files are getting there.

@eschwartz
I tried after closing caliber also. Not working.

@Glorfindel
Yes. Chrome.
I will try that.

@Paulie_D
How do I do that? I could not find any help topics on Caliber and Onedrive integration.

@All
Thanks a lot for your replies. However, i am still stuck.
Old 03-30-2015, 09:55 PM   #7
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cybermidas View Post
@Jeffcdo
How Can I check that. However, if there was a 255 char limit then a few of the files would get uploaded..right? None of the files are getting there.

@eschwartz
I tried after closing caliber also. Not working.

@Glorfindel
Yes. Chrome.
I will try that.

@Paulie_D
How do I do that? I could not find any help topics on Caliber and Onedrive integration.

@All
Thanks a lot for your replies. However, i am still stuck.
@Cybermidas - are you able to copy other folders (music, photos etc) to OneDrive and then, see all the contents there, and get them synch to your online OneDrive account.

If you can do the above then I wonder if it might be permissions on your calibre library. Check the owner of the library/author and book folders and the owner of the files in the book files. And who has read/write permission. You'll need to use Properties->Security tab to see that info.

If 'nothing' works then I'd uninstall OneDrive, maybe create another account and start over. Or use another service like Dropbox.

AFAIK there is no 'integration' between OneDrive and calibre as such.
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 10:00 PM   #8
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Moving a library using calibre itself

right click on the Library toolbar button and select "Switch/create library". Then see screenshot.

Come to think of it, it might be worth checking the result of Library ==> Library Maintenance ==> Check library.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	calibre-move-library.png
Views:	366
Size:	37.7 KB
ID:	136600  
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 02:47 AM   #9
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Just for the record I have had Calibre libraries backed up on OneDrive without issues so there is no inherent problem with doing so.

However to get OneDrive to work you need to be able to copy/move the Calibre library folder and its contents to the OneDrive area on your local HDD before it starts syncing to the cloud. I wonder if since the OP thinks his HDD is in trouble this may not be working properly?
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 09:08 AM   #10
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
I will admit to be an old fuddy-duddy. Stuff like this (copying the library to another location) I would do from the command line
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 11:38 AM   #11
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
good old xcopy *.* [destination] /S /E (IMHO /E should not really be needed as there should not be empty folders within a normal Library )
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 01:01 PM   #12
Cybermidas
Enthusiast

@BetterRed
I installed One Drive and copied the library there. It is syncing now. But every time I do some editing in the library metadata, I need to copy everything back to that folder. It is a clumsy process.

@eschwartz
I tried that, but The location needs to be an local HDD location, not a cloud location.

@itimpi
I did that. It working but I don't like the process of copying everything to and fro.

@PeterT @theducks
Good god!!! With so much of manpower going into development of GUI, why bring those painful command lines back!! I could never remember anything apart from 'MAN' to get the manual open.
Old 03-31-2015, 01:14 PM   #13
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cybermidas View Post
@PeterT @theducks
Good god!!! With so much of manpower going into development of GUI, why bring those painful command lines back!! I could never remember anything apart from 'MAN' to get the manual open.
Because sometime the command line is easier to do what you want than a GUI.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 02:00 PM   #14
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
And faster
With additional controls

And because we all need practice for those weird times where Windows (corruption) barfs
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 02:07 PM   #15
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
And frankly many MANY times I can do in a few minutes at the command line what is deemed almost impossible via a gui. Heck I often even launch gui applications from the command line!
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote