Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 08-16-2010, 10:47 PM   #1
seirenes
seirenes began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-300
PRS-300 Charging Drains My Battery

Hi all,

I'd really appreciate if anyone can help me with my issue. When I charge my Sony PRS-300, it drains my battery to 0. I've unplugged it from my USB adapter today a couple of times, and it keeps giving me this result. I had 1 bar before I started re-charging.What's noticable is that my e-reader says opening book when I start it up. Normally, I never see that message.

Since re-charging doesn't fix anything, I was wondering what I should do.
seirenes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 03:33 AM   #2
church mouse
Evangelist
church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kobo Clara HD, Kobo H2O, Boox Poke 2
Seirenes - I am not quite sure what you mean by a "USB adaptor". If you are charging by USB, then it must be from a computer and you need to ensure your computer does not go to sleep (the 300 battery will simply stop charging and actually drain). From the mains you must use the mains input on the base of the 300.

It is not possible to charge from a mains through a USB adaptor to the USB input. This will simply leave the unit to discharge the battery.
church mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-17-2010, 03:51 AM   #3
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Church Mouse is right. If you want to charge from a wall charger get a PSP charger (doesn't have to be from Sony, cheap ones will also work) with a rounded (yellow) tip.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 11:44 AM   #4
ZenRunner
Enthusiast
ZenRunner has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Sony PRS-300
If you already own a USB-based wall charger such as an Apple USB power adapter, a cheaper solution is to buy a PSP 2 in 1 USB Charger/Data Transfer cable. They have a USB A plug at one end and a Mini USB B plug + power plug at the other end. They're readily available on eBay for about a dollar including shipping.
ZenRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 10:55 PM   #5
fafaforza
Zealot
fafaforza is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.fafaforza is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.fafaforza is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.fafaforza is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.fafaforza is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.fafaforza is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.fafaforza is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.fafaforza is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.fafaforza is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.fafaforza is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.fafaforza is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Aura ONE
Yeah, if you charge via USB and the computer hibernates or shuts down, the battery will drain. So check that that's not your problem.
fafaforza is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-19-2010, 03:20 PM   #6
riger2
riger2 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-300, Dell X51
Happened to me too (PRS-300). You must use the USB adapter from Sony.
However, regular USB cables connect to PC seem to charge rather than drain the PRS battery.
riger2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 09:29 PM   #7
sabredog
Geographically Restricted
sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T3, Kindle Voyage, iPad Air2, Nexus7v2
Find a third party or genuine Sony AC PSP charger to charge your PRS-300.

They can be purchased for under $10 on eBay or in some electronics stores. I also purchased a USB cable that splits into a mini USB and yellow tipped power connector to use in my AC USB charger that came with my HP IPAQ 112 PDA.

You must charge via the yellow tipped connection NOT via the mini USB connection when using an AC charger.
sabredog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 05:16 AM   #8
beespeckled
Zealot
beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!

Device: KOBO Aura One; Kindle Oasis 3
I just purchased the a/c adapter for my Pocket Edition today, marked down to $9.99. I was a very happy camper.

One of the things I love about my Pocket Ed is that if I have bookmarked my place, my public library download will remain until I finish the book UNLESS I have had to connect to my computer for recharging. The a/c adapter will ensure I get to finish my library downloads.
beespeckled is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
prs-300