Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 09-18-2009, 06:59 PM   #1
brecklundin
Banned
brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: mine
Reader Device w/universal remote built-in?

I know that is out there as an idea, but what about adding a basic (or advanced, whatever works) multi-function IR universal remote ability to a reading device? I know not everyone might want or use it, but some read with the TV on or even to control your stereo while reading might be nice rather than keeping track of your remotes wherever you go..

I can use my OLD Clie nx73v as a universal remote via software and it's built-in IR port. So it can be done in a SMALL device. Plus the parts/components should be dead cheap for device makers.

The guts of these things are dead cheap and while room for the hardware might be an issue (I dunno) the remote side won't use much power and should only active when selected...

Anyway, just a thought at making the device more useful to some folks. ??
brecklundin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 07:25 PM   #2
JanetCinNC
Groupie
JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 650 in red, Sony PRS-600 in red, Sony PRS-505 in red, iPad 2
I wouldn't like that at all. I don't even like paying for the mp3 player and the card readers that I'll never use in my PRS-600, so I wouldn't want to pay for the IR transmitter, either.

I wouldn't like having to jump out of my book to use the remote and then navigate back in to my book, either. But then, I don't like having multi-purpose devices anyway. My cell phone is a phone and messaging device only. I use my 600 for reading only. I use my iPod Touch for music (and apps - I'm addicted to apps!).
JanetCinNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-18-2009, 08:06 PM   #3
ZJH
Hanlin Agent in Singapore
ZJH began at the beginning.

Device: Hanlin V3
I don't think that is a good idea. For me, I even never listen to music using my e-book reader.
ZJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 09:54 PM   #4
Treven
Addict
Treven will become famous soon enoughTreven will become famous soon enoughTreven will become famous soon enoughTreven will become famous soon enoughTreven will become famous soon enoughTreven will become famous soon enough

Device: iPad
While I have on occasion "watched" TV while reading, I sure wouldn't want to combine a remote on my reader. Perhaps I should just say that I've had the TV on while reading.
Treven is offline   Reply With Quote