Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-21-2009, 02:58 PM   #1
kim-
kim- began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Is there a way to stop Getting List of Files on Device?

I plug in and remove my Kindle a lot. Each time this "getting list" takes a really long amount of time.
Is there a way to set Calibre NOT to do this?
kim- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 03:05 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
No, but you can greatly speed up the process by disabling the metadata readers in calibre (Preferences->Plugins)
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-21-2009, 03:08 PM   #3
kim-
kim- began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
thanks, i am also wondering why my only options for conversion are epub, LRF and MOBI when on the main screen.
kim- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 02:27 AM   #4
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Sounds like you are using Calibre 0.5.x series?

Therea are a lot more conversion options available in the Calibre 0.6.0x series.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote