Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-06-2017, 10:27 AM   #151
garygibsonsf
Addict
garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by ltr View Post
Fantastic, thanks for the clarification, I didn't understand what AnemicOak was getting at. That worked a charm, and I didn't have to mess up my versions.

I think Calibre needs some sort of popup that directs users what to do when they encounter one of these books that won't download.

ltr
May I say that worked very well for me too. thank you.
garygibsonsf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 12:44 PM   #152
enaid1
enaid1 got an A in P-Chem.enaid1 got an A in P-Chem.enaid1 got an A in P-Chem.enaid1 got an A in P-Chem.enaid1 got an A in P-Chem.enaid1 got an A in P-Chem.enaid1 got an A in P-Chem.enaid1 got an A in P-Chem.enaid1 got an A in P-Chem.enaid1 got an A in P-Chem.enaid1 got an A in P-Chem.

Device: iPhone
So, I think with all my messing around with the Kindle for Mac app, I might have messed something up... I deleted the previous version of the app I had and re downloaded it from the App Store. I opened it up and saw I had a couple of my books already there.

I checked Library>Application Support>Kindle>My Kindle Content. There were no files.

I deleted all books and closed the Kindle app. I reopened the app and downloaded a book, which opened and looked fine.

Checked My Kindle Content: nothing.

I don't know where the Kindle app is even putting files now. Does anyone have suggestions for things for me to try?
enaid1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-09-2017, 01:22 PM   #153
Strether
Guru
Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1; iPad Air; iPhone 7; Kobo Libra; Kindle Oasis 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by enaid1 View Post
I don't know where the Kindle app is even putting files now. Does anyone have suggestions for things for me to try?
Create a folder in Documents called "Kindle ebooks". Then open up Kindle for Mac, click on Preferences, and under "Contents" direct the computer to your Documents folder and it'll put your books there.

Jim
Strether is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 10:43 PM   #154
odamizu
just an egg
odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by enaid1 View Post
... I don't know where the Kindle app is even putting files now. Does anyone have suggestions for things for me to try?
When books don't appear in:

Users > Home > Library > Application Support > Kindle > My Kindle Content

I always check:

Users > Home > Library > Containers > com.amazon.Kindle > Data > Library > My Kindle Content

It's always been in one or another for me (unless you use Strether's suggestion to override the default folder with your own).
odamizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 08:17 AM   #155
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by odamizu View Post
It's always been in one or another for me (unless you use Strether's suggestion to override the default folder with your own).
I don't know about the Mac version, but in Kindle for PC the configuration screen accessed using Tools > Options > Content shows the current location of the content folder.

As Strether wrote you can also change the location from the same screen if you want.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-10-2017, 12:37 PM   #156
jangell2
Addict
jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Does this issue effect Kindle for the iPad?
jangell2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 02:41 PM   #157
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jangell2 View Post
Does this issue effect Kindle for the iPad?
There's no current method to remove DRM from files on iOS, so no, not really.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 04:04 PM   #158
jangell2
Addict
jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Thanks.
jangell2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 10:06 AM   #159
dhdurgee
Guru
dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3W, PW4
Quote:
As a non-IOS user please correct me if I am wrong, but assuming the owner has jail-broken the IOS device don't they then have access to the books? Given this, they should be able to copy them off the device to a more congenial environment to address the DRM issues.

Dave
dhdurgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 10:09 AM   #160
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhdurgee View Post
As a non-IOS user please correct me if I am wrong, but assuming the owner has jail-broken the IOS device don't they then have access to the books? Given this, they should be able to copy them off the device to a more congenial environment to address the DRM issues.
There's no current method to generate the keys. Getting the files isn't the problem. Every Kindle device/application has its own DRM key(s).

If you want to discuss it further, I suggest asking at Apprentice Alf's blog, or open an issue at Apprentice Harper's github repository.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 10:42 AM   #161
dhdurgee
Guru
dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3W, PW4
Quote:
There's no current method to generate the keys. Getting the files isn't the problem. Every Kindle device/application has its own DRM key(s).

If you want to discuss it further, I suggest asking at Apprentice Alf's blog, or open an issue at Apprentice Harper's github repository.
Thank you for the clarification, I had assumed the problem was with access to the files.

Dave
dhdurgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 10:28 PM   #162
sydmalicious
Cantankerous Contrarian
sydmalicious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sydmalicious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sydmalicious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sydmalicious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sydmalicious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sydmalicious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sydmalicious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sydmalicious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sydmalicious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sydmalicious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sydmalicious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: MapleRead, iPad Pro 12.9" 2018, iPhone 12 Pro, Kobo Forma 32gb
That terminal command was excellent. EZPZ.
sydmalicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 03:19 AM   #163
odamizu
just an egg
odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iOS
nevermind ...

Last edited by odamizu; 07-15-2017 at 12:14 AM.
odamizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 02:43 AM   #164
AJvK
AJvK knows the square root of minus one.AJvK knows the square root of minus one.AJvK knows the square root of minus one.AJvK knows the square root of minus one.AJvK knows the square root of minus one.AJvK knows the square root of minus one.AJvK knows the square root of minus one.AJvK knows the square root of minus one.AJvK knows the square root of minus one.AJvK knows the square root of minus one.AJvK knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kobo Aura (normal and HD)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
Launch Kindle and under the menu choice "Tools", "Options", "General", uncheck "Automatically install updates when they are available without asking me."
When I started Kindle on my Mac today it was at version 1.20.2, and there is no such option within Kindle; it's also not under Preferences. Has Amazon killed off this possibility?

Sorry if it's been mentioned or asked before - I tried searching through the thread but got no results for the version number.
AJvK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 09:12 AM   #165
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJvK View Post
When I started Kindle on my Mac today it was at version 1.20.2, and there is no such option within Kindle; it's also not under Preferences. Has Amazon killed off this possibility?
My understanding is that version 1.20.2 comes from the Mac App Store. Perhaps that version does not have that option because it is meant to be updated automatically by Apple.

Hopefully someone more knowledgeable about Mac OS and the App Store will chime in. I don't use a Mac.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
k4pc, kindle for pc