Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 06-14-2018, 09:18 PM   #541
bnm12
bnm12 began at the beginning.

Device: Phone & Tablet
I've posted this in a separate thread, but was encouraged to try this one instead:

I've been using Moon+ Pro on my Android phone and Android tablet for awhile, but fonts have always been identical on my phone for some reason.... Has anyone experienced this?

For example: Bookerly, Calluna, Serif, Sans Serif, will all look like the default font (even italic and bold versions will look identical, but in bold or italicized)

I have an external SD card in my tablet and phone as well. I've also tried pointing to folders like "sdcard/fonts", or even making a folder like "books/fonts"... and still the fonts do not change.

I should note that I've tried disabling CSS styles for EPUB and MOBI files of multiple ebooks, which a few other ereader apps will display fonts correctly...
bnm12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 03:21 AM   #542
svda
Connoisseur
svda can illuminate an eclipsesvda can illuminate an eclipsesvda can illuminate an eclipsesvda can illuminate an eclipsesvda can illuminate an eclipsesvda can illuminate an eclipsesvda can illuminate an eclipsesvda can illuminate an eclipsesvda can illuminate an eclipsesvda can illuminate an eclipsesvda can illuminate an eclipse

Device: none
Have you ticked on or off to use the book's embedded fonts ? Miscellaneous/setting just above CSS styles.
When you go to Visual options and you choose a font Name : how many fonts do you see ?
There's also a button to download fonts from any directory that you mention.
Also again the option to use or not use the embedded fonts in book.

If nothing helps, I suggest just reinstalling from scratch.
svda is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-26-2018, 09:57 AM   #543
kak13
kak13 began at the beginning.

Device: fire hd + phone
Just a small question: is there an option to jump to a specific page in a chapter? Gotta say I'm struggling to find it if there's one.
kak13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 11:45 PM   #544
teacherdan
teacherdan began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
New problem with Moon Reader Pro

I am having a problem that is driving me crazy. I woke up this morning and started MoonReader Pro to import some books I had transferred via Calibre. It will import about 20 books and then stop and the app crashes. Restart, import and it does a few more and crashes and doesn't offer to restart. Restart again, and then nothing. Import doesn't start. Any thoughts?

Never mind. I followed the advice I found in this thread. Deleted all .moonreader files. Did a clean install. Everything is back to normal

Last edited by teacherdan; 07-04-2018 at 11:55 PM. Reason: Found a solution.
teacherdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 12:06 AM   #545
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
Quote:
Originally Posted by kak13 View Post
Just a small question: is there an option to jump to a specific page in a chapter? Gotta say I'm struggling to find it if there's one.
you can bookmark any specific page in order to return to it
and you can tweak your control options to have a step through one page at a time key. that's all I know of
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-06-2018, 09:21 AM   #546
Negativo
Chosen One Member
Negativo began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Galaxy Note 10.1 V.2014, Moto G6 Plus
Page counter/Night Shift

I just wanna say I hate it doesn´t have a page counter... those percentajes aren´t useful at all.

If they fix that, it´ll be the perfect mobile reader.

BTW... I installed the app Night Shift on my Android device, to simulate the comfort light some Kobo ereaders have to emulate a darker/orange light, and eliminate the "Blue Light" which is so harmfull for those of us who read at night. I recommend it a lot.
Negativo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 09:29 AM   #547
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Negativo View Post
I just wanna say I hate it doesn´t have a page counter... those percentajes aren´t useful at all.

:
because pages is a nonsense concept for mobile screens. the number of screens in a book changes whenever you adjust margin, font, line spacing.... or resume on a different sized device. it is not a fixed number.
anyway, with Moon you can see the calculated number of "pages" i.e. screens in your current chapter , on your current device, with your current preferences, and you can see that number change when you tweak settings.

maybe you have toggled that off, or never toggled it on, I refer it all the time when deciding whether to continue to read the next chapter , or take a break.

FYI, those apps which do use a fixed formula for "page", will have "pages" that run over several screens on a small device, and you'd probably hate it just as much when you go to next screen - only to find you are still on the same "page"

but if you want stuff done that way, switch to bookari pro as your android epub reader
Old 07-06-2018, 09:37 AM   #548
stumped
Wizard

Quote:
BTW... I installed the app Night Shift on my Android device, to simulate the comfort light some Kobo ereaders have to emulate a darker/orange light, and eliminate the "Blue Light" which is so harmfull for those of us who read at night. I recommend it a lot.
Hmm, so you missed the fact that Moon reader has an adjustable blue light filter already built in.

Could be that you need the paid version - Moon Reader Pro - for that, but folks who don't pay the tiny app cost in order to support the author and then gripe about the lack of features... well ... [ insert speechless emoji here ]
Old 07-07-2018, 01:49 AM   #549
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by stumped View Post
Quote:
because pages is a nonsense concept for mobile screens. the number of screens in a book changes whenever you adjust margin, font, line spacing.... or resume on a different sized device. it is not a fixed number. anyway, with Moon you can see the calculated number of "pages" i.e. screens in your current chapter , on your current device, with your current preferences, and you can see that number change when you tweak settings.
I agree the number of pages (screens) until the end of the chapter is much more practical. I have an estimated number of pages that I can easily see in calibre and calibre companion before I start a book.

If someone wants the total number of pages (screens) in the book they can bring up the Book Information screen, scroll to the bottom and see the info. Among other info my current book shows the following, Total Pages: 3080, Current Page: 407. Of course that is with a "very large" font so I don't need my reading glasses. I changed the font to simply "too large" and now it says Total Pages: 2048, Current Page: 282.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 04:26 PM   #550
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:

If they fix that, it´ll be the perfect mobile reader.
Agreed. There is a work around but you lose Chapter navigation. Convert book to HTML or simple text. The developer has made it very clear they are not interested in giving us page numbers. Still it's the best one out there. Bookari has never gotten out of its potential stage. Still very limited formatting options and I hate the background color chooser. It's just to hard to use. My second favorite was Prestige but the developers do not care about fixing their app so I got rid of it.

Moon+ has come a very long way. The developer continues to improve the app. The new text rendering engine is a dream come true. Fonts no longer look stretched out or too thin.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 07:05 PM   #551
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorOhh View Post
If someone wants the total number of pages (screens) in the book they can bring up the Book Information screen, scroll to the bottom and see the info. Among other info my current book shows the following, Total Pages: 3080, Current Page: 407. Of course that is with a "very large" font so I don't need my reading glasses. I changed the font to simply "too large" and now it says Total Pages: 2048, Current Page: 282.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
The developer has made it very clear they are not interested in giving us page numbers.
I've heard the same thing from the Dev, however since he already calculates (at least for epub) and provides the total pages (screens) and the current page (screen) it shouldn't be too hard for him to provide the option to show this info on the status line. The only hindrance is that when you start a book or change font size it does take a little time to calculate this info in the background.

Have you ever asked for this info (not true pages but great for reference) to be made available to the status bar?

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 07-11-2018 at 03:39 AM.
Old 07-10-2018, 07:58 PM   #552
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:

I've heard the same thing from the Dev, however since he already calculates (at least for epub) and provides the total pages (screens) and the current page (screen) it shouldn't be too hard for him to provide the option to show this info on the status line. The only hindrance is that when you start a book or change font size it does take a little time to calculate this info in the background.

Have you ever asked for this info (not true pages but great for reference) to be made available to the status bar?
Yes in the past and several others I know have asked but they wont budge for this to be added. I agree it wouldn't take much coding for it to work but the developer at least at that time was totally against it. Never lose hope though. I thought we'd be stuck with poor font rendering forever but they finally changed to a new engine or fixed it. I no longer have to use modify fonts on some devices. I can use the same fonts on all devices and they all render the same now.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 07:45 AM   #553
VelvetElvis
Addict
VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Fire HD8, Asus, Sony (T1, PRS-300), Kobo (Glo, Touch, Wireless)
Page numbers

Quote:
I'm another user who would love to see current page/total page numbers. I don't give a whit whether or not they're relative, because once I start reading, I seldom make appearance changes.

Not sure why the author is so resistant. As I recall, every other reader I've tried (and I've tried many) shows this information. I requested this some years ago, also to no avail, and frankly, it's the reason I stopped using it as my main reader app, and went back to Cool Reader. And FWIW, yes, I'm a paid Moon+ user.

Of course, some people prefer the current chapter arrangement, and that's fine, but I'm baffled, given all the other options ebook reader software can have, why this feature isn't one of them on this product.

Different strokes/different folks.
VelvetElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 01:03 PM   #554
rvcjew
Addict
rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW3-T80S-T80D-T103D-K78-Inkpalm 5-HiSense Touch-Hi Reader Pro-Palma
Any reason with the latest versions of moon plus (4.5.1) I don't have under miscellaneous an option for "chapter end prompt" on the t80s while I do on my v20 with nougat?
rvcjew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 09:45 PM   #555
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvcjew View Post
Any reason with the latest versions of moon plus (4.5.1) I don't have under miscellaneous an option for "chapter end prompt" on the t80s while I do on my v20 with nougat?

I have 4.5.1 Moon+ Reader Pro and I have no idea where you are referring. Exactly where do you see "chapter end prompt?" I can't find this anywhere on my Nexus 7 v6.0.1 or my t80s.