Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Recipes

Notices

Old 06-19-2018, 12:59 PM   #1
jardenman26
jardenman26 began at the beginning.

Device: jardenman26
Auto Retry if Scheduled download fail!!!

Hello all,

I have a weekly download of The Economist scheduled in Calibre for Windows (currently v 3.19). For some reason, the scheduled download always fails. When I manually click "Download now" after the initial failure, it works just fine. I have been manually working around this for over a year, but am keen to re-automate the process as I often just forget to do the manual retry.

Also, I have found that if I open Calibre and manually initiate a download for the Economist, it fails. If I try a second time straight after, it works.

Is there some way to force a retry if the first download fails? Alternatively, is there some way to schedule two downloads on the same day, but just at different times? Other suggestions appreciated.

Thanks.
jardenman26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 01:11 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Figure out why it is failing the first time and fix that? Most likely some antivirus/firewall interfering with the initial connection.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 05:28 AM   #3
bobbysteel
Big Poppa
bobbysteel began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
you can do this if you use the command line tools. write a script to automate it.

Code:
ebook-convert "The Economist.recipe" "output_filename.mobi" --output-profile=kindle_oasis
where profile should be your device.
bobbysteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 05:28 AM   #4
bobbysteel
Big Poppa
bobbysteel began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
in Linux then you can have that line, then
Code:
if [ $? -ne 0 ]; then
that line again
bobbysteel is offline   Reply With Quote