Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Boyue

Notices

Old 05-22-2018, 02:58 AM   #226
nghiadhd
nghiadhd began at the beginning.

Device: Boyue T80s
Quote:
Originally Posted by PharaohsVizier View Post
I've been having this problem lately where my WiFi keeps shutting on and off, basically never getting a connection. The toggle just goes on, then goes off, then goes on. I'm trying to figure if anything different has happened lately, but can't imagine anything that would have caused this issue.
I got same issue. I found that if we keep WIFI on and close cover for a long time. The WIFI will on off forever until restart the device. I used this app to auto turn off WIFI while I close the cover to save battery and resolve this issue

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...oxbatterysaver
nghiadhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 12:35 AM   #227
vikarti
Groupie
vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by nghiadhd View Post
I got same issue. I found that if we keep WIFI on and close cover for a long time. The WIFI will on off forever until restart the device. I used this app to auto turn off WIFI while I close the cover to save battery and resolve this issue

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...oxbatterysaver
Could you provide step-by-step instructions for people who doesn't understood Vietnamese(?) ?
vikarti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 08:14 AM   #228
Adoby
Handy Elephant
Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Thinkpad E595, Ubuntu Mate, Huawei Mediapad 5, Bouye Likebook Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by vikarti View Post
Could you provide step-by-step instructions for people who doesn't understood Vietnamese(?) ?
I found a similar utility to automatically shut off wifi when the screen is off. And on again when the screen is on. Seems to work fine. Possible to set latency. I have mine set to 5 minutes. If you have wifi off it respects that and won't start it.

Very small, free and no ads... No bells and whistles. Rather old... There are a lot of similar apps out there. Search for "wifi screen auto off" or something similar.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...eric.dataonoff

Last edited by Adoby; 05-27-2018 at 08:16 AM.
Adoby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 09:19 AM   #229
alfpier
alfpier began at the beginning.

Device: onyx boox poke
hello everybody

I am considering to buy this eReader.
I am using a Samsung tablet and I frequently read my epubs on the app playbooks by Google.
Does any of you boyue owners use play books on the likebook? how does it behave? is it stable and usable?

I'm asking because I found a video on YouTube showing some bug on the app.

https://youtu.be/JU6MZ6bEnUI

Also I found a video with another bug

https://youtu.be/vd4cYsx-YIc

Do any of you experience these bugs?
Have all the firmware updates mentioned earlier on this thread fixed somehow these bugs?

Sent from my SM-T705 using Tapatalk
alfpier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 12:32 PM   #230
Adoby
Handy Elephant
Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

1. The BOYUE Likebook Plus has limited memory. 1 GB RAM, around 1/4 taken by the system at boot. Some apps that works perfectly fine on 2-4 GB RAM tablets or phones will flounder on the Likebook Plus. Thrashing. Unloading parts of the app to load other parts.

I suspect there is no bug. Just someone trying to fit a square peg in a round hole.

So I suspect you should find some other device if you really need to use that app.

2. The second bug is not present on my device. It is a common problem with devices with "smart covers" with a small magnet in the cover and a hall element (magnetic sensor) in the device. The magnet in the cover flap is too strong, so it works not only when in front but also through the device when the cover is flipped over. I fixed it on another device by taping a small piece of thin steel sheet between the back of the device and the cover. So it is where the magnet is in the cover flap when flipped to the back. It reduced the strength of the magnet sufficently.

Last edited by Adoby; 06-09-2018 at 12:43 PM.
Old 06-10-2018, 04:23 AM   #231
alfpier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adoby View Post

So I suspect you should find some other device if you really need to use that app.
I can do fine loading my epubs and pdfs with other apps.

I wanted to ask another thing about calibre companion.

has any of you tried to connect calibre companion to google drive cloud? is it working on Android 4.2?

Old 06-10-2018, 04:45 AM   #232
Adoby
Handy Elephant

You may want to ask about CC in the CC sub forum...

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/fo...play.php?f=264
Old 06-10-2018, 05:01 AM   #233
alfpier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adoby View Post
You may want to ask about CC in the CC sub forum...

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/fo...play.php?f=264
thanks!
I'll check that out.

I also found this brief answer on CC FAQ http://cc_faq.multipie.co.uk/index.p...=48&artlang=en
that seems reassuring

Old 06-10-2018, 05:14 AM   #234
alfpier

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorOhh View Post
]
Xposed Installer - used this to run GravityBox.
GravityBox - used to add the following functionality.
  • Long press of Home icon brings up recent app list to allow me to switch apps or swipe them away.
  • Long press on Back icon brings up volume control, desirable because there are no physical volume keys.
  • Double click bottom physical Home button to take screen shots.
for the navigation part I would suggest this app, that has a theme also for e-ink
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....swkey.nonroot

it is hideable and has volume shortcuts.
there is also a root version

Last edited by alfpier; 06-10-2018 at 05:17 AM.
Old 06-10-2018, 10:26 AM   #235
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by alfpier View Post
for the navigation part I would suggest this app, that has a theme also for e-ink
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....swkey.nonroot

it is hideable and has volume shortcuts.
there is also a root version
Thanks for the recommendation. It definitely looks like it has its place. As my setup exists now, I currently have virtual buttons for everything except screenshot and after experimenting with various apps, I prefer to use a double tap on the main home button for the rare screenshot.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 12:47 PM   #236
Adoby
Handy Elephant

I agree. Good tip! I installed the root version. Works fine!
Old 06-20-2018, 05:56 AM   #237
nghiadhd

Does any guys upgrade to FW 2.0?
http://www.mobileread.mobi/forums/sh...03#post3707303

I see in change logs that new FW has been locked Google Play Store
So I'm wonder that I need to upgrade or not
Old 06-20-2018, 06:16 AM   #238
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Does any guys upgrade to FW 2.0?
http://www.mobileread.mobi/forums/sh...03#post3707303

I see in change logs that new FW has been locked Google Play Store
So I'm wonder that I need to upgrade or not
No one needs to upgrade.

The PlayStore is not locked. If you update at some point you get a choice Boyue OS (new UI) or Boyue launcher (old UI). Simply choose Boyue Launcher "once only" and access the PlayStore from there. Once you do that it is easy enough to find the PlayStore under the Boyue OS (new UI). I choose to use neither and use ReLaunchX 2.1.0 as my launcher. I have no issues connecting to the PlayStore.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 06-20-2018 at 06:19 AM.
Old 06-21-2018, 12:44 AM   #239
nghiadhd

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorOhh View Post
No one needs to upgrade.

The PlayStore is not locked. If you update at some point you get a choice Boyue OS (new UI) or Boyue launcher (old UI). Simply choose Boyue Launcher "once only" and access the PlayStore from there. Once you do that it is easy enough to find the PlayStore under the Boyue OS (new UI). I choose to use neither and use ReLaunchX 2.1.0 as my launcher. I have no issues connecting to the PlayStore.
Thank you!
Other solution is use adb to start Google Play, then it auto upgrade to latest with shortcut in home screen

I tried to update from 1.0.2 and I got some problem with system app
The new FW doesn't clean up old system app so a lot of issues occur (FBReader doesn't work, duplicate File manager, Boyue OS reader freeze sometimes)
After that I tried to install via RKBatchTool and now it more stable. However I don't know how to make status bar hidden while reading using 3rd app
Let's me live with new FW and give more feedback
Old 06-21-2018, 01:36 AM   #240
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired

Quote:
After that I tried to install via RKBatchTool and now it more stable.
When connecting the reader via usb to use RKBatchTool how do you get it in the right mode without a volume key to hold in during USB connection?

Quote:
However I don't know how to make status bar hidden while reading using 3rd app
I can't speak to other reading apps, but Moon + Reader has a setting under Miscellaneous settings for full screen mode. I'm guessing other apps might have a similar toggle for full screen mode.