Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Everything Audiobooks > Audiobook Hardware & Software

Notices

Old 11-12-2014, 10:43 AM   #1
lhenry
lhenry began at the beginning.

Device: sansa clip plus
Sansa Clip plus Download Problem

Using Sansa Clip Plus with Over Drive Media Console some of my audio books are downloaded on the unit with some parts out of order.

WMA or MP3 is the format utilized.

The shuffle option is “off”

I would appreciate any suggestions to alleviate this problem.
lhenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 11:48 AM   #2
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by lhenry View Post
Using Sansa Clip Plus with Over Drive Media Console some of my audio books are downloaded on the unit with some parts out of order.

WMA or MP3 is the format utilized.

The shuffle option is “off”

I would appreciate any suggestions to alleviate this problem.
It has to do with the way the chapters are numbered in the files. If the first 9 chapters don't have leading zeros, then the book will play out of sequence. Your Clip plays chapters in this order: 1, 10, 11, 12... ...19, 2, 20, 21, etc. What you want is 01, 02, 03... ...08, 09, 10, 11...

Here's a tutorial from SanDisk on how to correct it:

Playing Audiobook Chapters in sequential order

Quote:
How do I edit Audiobook Chapters to play it in sequence on a Sansa player?

In order to EDIT Audiobooks for playing in sequential order first move the audiobooks to computer from Sansa Player and then we will edit the ID3 tags (Chapter Information)
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-13-2014, 08:55 AM   #3
silverraven
Guru
silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle 4NTB x 4
Can you use Mp3tag to edit library books? It's a free program, easy to use.
http://www.mp3tag.de/en/index.html
S
silverraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 09:16 AM   #4
jwhayn
Enthusiast
jwhayn plays well with othersjwhayn plays well with othersjwhayn plays well with othersjwhayn plays well with othersjwhayn plays well with othersjwhayn plays well with othersjwhayn plays well with othersjwhayn plays well with othersjwhayn plays well with othersjwhayn plays well with othersjwhayn plays well with others

Device: Kindle Voyage
Agree with silverraven

MP3TAG is an effective solution for me. I use a Sansa also. Be sure to get the track numbers entered correctly -- either manually or using the built in auto-numbering wizard in the tools menu. You will need to select all the tracks first.

Last edited by jwhayn; 11-13-2014 at 09:19 AM.
jwhayn is online now   Reply With Quote