Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Alternative Devices

Notices

Old 02-14-2013, 05:46 PM   #1
Missgeddes
Missgeddes began at the beginning.

Device: Pocket edge
Exclamation Ahh problems with my Entourage pocket edge :/

I probably should have done something about this when it happened but it's been about 2 years :/ and it is completely unresponsive. It won't charge , won't reset or turn on. The events leading up to it are, one day during winter it was about -30c and I left it in my car like a dumb ass. When I tried to turn it on , it initially started up but froze with the initializing screen. Now, I got pissed and just left it frozen and didn't try to restart it or anything so obviously the image is burned into the screen but I also feel like I {edit} up the battery from it being in -30c weather. Can anyone help me fix it myself or know the tech support line.
Thanks a lot!
A.
P.S, I already opened it up to see if I would fix the problem :/ hope I'm not screwed

Last edited by dreams; 03-15-2013 at 01:57 AM. Reason: language edited by moderator
Missgeddes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 06:25 PM   #2
exscentric
Addict
exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle keyboard
If you had given as many details of your problems as you did inappropriate language there might be some ideas :-)

If the "burned" image is on the eink side, it probably isn't burned, it just remains till changed.

I'm really just guessing but the battery is probably damaged from the freeze. The electronics could be in good shape.

I assume you have tried to charge it with a charger rather than with the usb cable and the unit is dead. If you have tried the reset button and it does not run on the charger then there probably is electronic damage. I'd look for broken components and cracks in the circuit board especially around where you plug it in.

Also be sure you are plugging into the power port and not the other one which is a common error on the edge.

You could post your problem in the android/entourage forum for more exposure, there are several users there. They might be able to give you some ideas.

Good luck, it is a wonderful little unit.
exscentric is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
entourage edge