Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 10-20-2018, 07:30 PM   #1
rebeltaz
Connoisseur
rebeltaz will become famous soon enoughrebeltaz will become famous soon enoughrebeltaz will become famous soon enoughrebeltaz will become famous soon enoughrebeltaz will become famous soon enoughrebeltaz will become famous soon enough

Device: Entourage Pocket eDge
How Likely is a WSoD After 2.2 Upgrade?

I've had my PE for years now and it is still going strong. It even holds a charge on the original battery for a little over a day with plenty of reading. I never did do the Ermine upgrade because of the fear of the WSoD issue. There is a ebook reader app that I would really like to run (PocketBook) on the PE, but the oldest version I can find requires Android 2.2... What with the PE near impossible to find, I'm guessing that the risk just isn't worth it, is it?
rebeltaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 04:27 PM   #2
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocket Edge X 2 , Edge, gTab, Kindle Fire, Nextbook 7S
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeltaz View Post
I've had my PE for years now and it is still going strong. It even holds a charge on the original battery for a little over a day with plenty of reading. I never did do the Ermine upgrade because of the fear of the WSoD issue. There is a ebook reader app that I would really like to run (PocketBook) on the PE, but the oldest version I can find requires Android 2.2... What with the PE near impossible to find, I'm guessing that the risk just isn't worth it, is it?

The chances of WSOD are very slim. But given that PEs are hard to find, even on eBay, I would err on the side of caution and not upgrade. With that said, there are other decent reader Apps (Cool Reader and FBReader come to mind and will work on your PE).
obsessed2 is offline   Reply With Quote