Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 03-29-2015, 04:38 PM   #1
Lori Reeser
Enthusiast
Lori Reeser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lori Reeser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lori Reeser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lori Reeser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lori Reeser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lori Reeser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lori Reeser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lori Reeser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lori Reeser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lori Reeser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lori Reeser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lenovo Tab M10
Question How to fix KitKat?

I know there's a sticky thread for this, but it's too long for me to find what I need.

What do I need to do to be able to use my SD card? If I need to root could you direct me to a site? I am having similar problems with ColorDict (the files won't go to the SD card), Moon+, and other dictionaries.

Note: the FAQ talks about a very old Android issue that has been fixed. Maybe it should be changed to something about the KitKat issue.

Thanks!
Lori Reeser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 04:47 PM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori Reeser View Post
I know there's a sticky thread for this, but it's too long for me to find what I need.

What do I need to do to be able to use my SD card? If I need to root could you direct me to a site? I am having similar problems with ColorDict (the files won't go to the SD card), Moon+, and other dictionaries.

Note: the FAQ talks about a very old Android issue that has been fixed. Maybe it should be changed to something about the KitKat issue.

Thanks!
Our FAQ answer How do I use an SD card with Android 4.4 (Kitkat) or later? discusses this.

Can you point me at the "very old Android issue that has been fixed"?
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 05:35 PM   #3
Lori Reeser
Enthusiast
Lori Reeser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lori Reeser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lori Reeser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lori Reeser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lori Reeser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lori Reeser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lori Reeser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lori Reeser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lori Reeser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lori Reeser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lori Reeser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Sorry I misread. I saw 'Ki . . .' and didn't finish reading. It's 'Kindle' not 'KitKat'.

I have a problem with changing my default folder. Currently I cannot get above storage/sdcard0, which means I can't get to the external drive. I have found many sites and apps that will let me swap my external SD card with the internal SD drive, instead of having to root. I will investigate a little further and see whether I can do it myself. If so, I will post to the "How do I . . ." link.

Thanks for the quick response!
Old 03-29-2015, 05:48 PM   #4
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
You have a Kindle with an SD card slot? I didn't know that such a thing existed. What model of Kindle is it?
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 02:12 PM   #5
Lori Reeser
Enthusiast

Sorry for the confusion. I do that a lot. I have an Android. When I saw 'Ki' in the thread I didn't read it. I confused 'Kindle' with 'KitKat'.

I hit a wall with the changing folders without rooting. I got to a point beyond my limited expertise. I am going to try rooting the device and hope I don't do anything too damaging.

P.S. If you're interested the You Tube link is
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSs7n-HvknQ
It uses the official Android Studio.

Tags
kit kat, kitkat, root