Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 07-16-2022, 12:21 PM   #106
tikky
tikky began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O 1st gen, Kobo Aura One, Sony PRS-T2
Thanks a lot for your work, frostschutz!
I have a question: does a cloned sd work on another, similar device?
E.g., I have two Kobo Aura H2Os (1st gen), and one of them is broken. Can I clone with the working H2O its internal sd to the external sd and then try this sd on the other, broken H2O (of course insert in the internal sd drive)? Or is there a problem because of different serial numbers or something like that?
tikky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2022, 09:39 PM   #107
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by tikky View Post
Thanks a lot for your work, frostschutz!
I have a question: does a cloned sd work on another, similar device?
E.g., I have two Kobo Aura H2Os (1st gen), and one of them is broken. Can I clone with the working H2O its internal sd to the external sd and then try this sd on the other, broken H2O (of course insert in the internal sd drive)? Or is there a problem because of different serial numbers or something like that?
Yes, it should. And this is basically what all the threads asking for images to fix dead devices are about. The only difference is that the images were taken after a factory reset. They don't contain anything and will go through the setup when the card is installed. The only other thing, especially in your case, is the serial number will be the same on both devices. But, that is easily fixed. Personally, I would recommend doing a factory reset after restoring the image. That does seem to help in some cases, but, also helps know it can be done later when needed.

Of course, I can supply the image I have for the Aura H2O if you want.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-12-2024, 06:16 PM   #108
animaldh
animaldh began at the beginning.

Device: kobo clara
I don't understand the line
Install this mod. (KoboRoot-MagicMemory.tgz » .kobo/KoboRoot.tgz)

I'm sure the readers of this forum know how to install mods, but I haven't found anything
animaldh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2024, 08:39 PM   #109
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by animaldh View Post
I don't understand the line
Install this mod. (KoboRoot-MagicMemory.tgz » .kobo/KoboRoot.tgz)

I'm sure the readers of this forum know how to install mods, but I haven't found anything
You would extract the KoboRoot-MagicMemory.tgz file from the .zip archive, rename it to KoboRoot.tgz and copy it to the .kobo directory on your Kobo ereader. Once you have safely ejected your Kobo, the KoboRoot.tgz will automagically be installed.

For your purposes, you would probably want the Resize version of the archive since a Clara ( HD or 2E ) does not have an external µSD card slot.

Sorry but once again, the google fu seems to be running weak.
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote