Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 01-28-2022, 07:26 PM   #1
jmite
jmite began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Mini, Sony PRS-T1
Question Syncing on elipsa without dropbox?

I'm wondering, is there a way to sync pdf files, and ideally annotations, without using dropbox? My hesitation is the 3-device limit dropbox has on the free plan.

I'm thinking from something like nextcloud or syncthing. Is this possible, maybe with Koreader?

Good would be syncing from a folder on my computer to Kobo.

Better would be syncing both ways, where notes I annotate on the Kobo end up back on the computer

If that's not possible, is there a way to handwritten sync notes between Kobo and a computer i.e. just notes, not annotations on a specific pdf

Thanks!
jmite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2022, 06:56 AM   #2
cpimentel
Enthusiast
cpimentel began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Elipsa
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmite View Post
I'm wondering, is there a way to sync pdf files, and ideally annotations, without using dropbox? My hesitation is the 3-device limit dropbox has on the free plan.

I'm thinking from something like nextcloud or syncthing. Is this possible, maybe with Koreader?

Good would be syncing from a folder on my computer to Kobo.

Better would be syncing both ways, where notes I annotate on the Kobo end up back on the computer

If that's not possible, is there a way to handwritten sync notes between Kobo and a computer i.e. just notes, not annotations on a specific pdf

Thanks!
Hi @jmite, as far as I know, annotations on PDFs are stored in the PDFs itself, so you can try to copy the PDF from your Kobo into your PC manually.

I am not familiar enough with Calibre, so I don't know if you can do 2 ways sync with it.
cpimentel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-29-2022, 06:58 AM   #3
cpimentel
Enthusiast
cpimentel began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Elipsa
Worth noting that with the latest firmware, to "write" the notes in the PDF, you have to exit the viewers and go back to you "home" screen. I've lost hours of studying because of that.

I'm not sure, nor confident, that if you take notes, leave the reader open, connect to USB... it will save your notes before the USB connection enables.
cpimentel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dropbox, elipsa, nextcloud, sync, syncthing