Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-07-2011, 10:12 AM   #1
rubyv
rubyv began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
update won't download

I keep getting error messages when I try to download the update, ie that the file is faulty, etc. Help?
rubyv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 06:15 PM   #2
jukin
Connoisseur
jukin began at the beginning.

Device: iPad Air 2, Kindle Fire HD 10
Using Chrome and it's very slow downloading 7.38 - saying 45 mins left with 2.9MB downloaded. Wonder if the website's having problems.
jukin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-07-2011, 08:48 PM   #3
Leep
Guru
Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle1, K3, K3G (thanks MR), iTouch, Kindle Touch
Just downloaded Calibre 7.38. Mine downloads, but when I run it I get an error saying it is not a usable Microsoft Installer.

Kovid, please take a look.

cheers
Leep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 08:52 PM   #4
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leep View Post
Just downloaded Calibre 7.38. Mine downloads, but when I run it I get an error saying it is not a usable Microsoft Installer.

Kovid, please take a look.

cheers
I downloaded and installed successfully, with the Windows Installer. I would suspect your download got corrupted, that's the message I have seen when that happens.

When a new version of Calibre gets released the load does get heavy on the servers straight away as loads of people try to grab it, hence the slow downloads etc. I would suggest to try downloading it again.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 09:01 PM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
See http://code.google.com/p/support/issues/detail?id=4843
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert