Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 02-04-2010, 12:14 PM   #1
dbrowdy
Enthusiast
dbrowdy is on a distinguished road

Device: Nook Wi-Fi
Noob Q: Digital edition of a book I own?

Hi,

I plan on buying my first eReader soon and I had a question. I would very much like to get my physical library onto the eReader, but certainly don't plan on re-purchasing all of them. Is there a way to get these books (like from the library) and strip the DRM so I can have it in e-format? I have no idea how legal this is (or isn't) but I have no moral qualms about it. The IP is paid for and I don't want to manually scan my collection.

If this is an inappropriate question, though, due to legality issues or whatever, I apologize and I'll edit this post to remove it. And of course, if this is the wrong sub-forum, point me at the right one.

Thanks,
Dan
dbrowdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 10:52 PM   #2
ATimson
Evangelist
ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 4
There are probably ways to do it, depending on the DRM in question.

It's almost certainly illegal, though, regardless of jurisdiction, and even if it wasn't this forum doesn't seem to allow instructions on how to circumvent DRM.
ATimson is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert