Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 03-21-2007, 04:26 PM   #91
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
LRF format doesn't support setting of text justification. Reader's render uses full justification for Western text.
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 05:09 PM   #92
vvv
Zealot
vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iLiad, Librie, REB1100, GEB2150, GEB1150, etc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor78154
I am using the latest update of the software, but I cannot get the Font window to display when opening my book. It is an .rtf file that I downloaded from Baen.com. I also do not see how you can set the justification of text. I have looked at the Book Converter toolbar, and I do not see any tools that allow for basic text manipulation tasks such as adjusting fonts or modifying the justification. I would appreciate any help anyone can provide.
Thanks.
The settings for SonyReader books are assigned through Make eBooks -> Sony Reader -> styles. The table allows to set the styles for each element supported by BD format (paragraphs, titles, subtitles, etc). Particularly, the element's alignment is assigned through the "align" column. Choose the element's styles suitable for you, press "sample -> make", and you will see in Connect how the book elements will look at the Reader.

As soon as your styles are chosen, do not forget to save them (settings -> save), then load your book to BD and press "e-book -> make"

P.S. If you are going to use some external fonts, choose them first pressing "external fonts -> add". As soon as some fonts are presented in the "external fonts" list, they will be available for assigment through the "font" column.

Last edited by vvv; 03-21-2007 at 05:21 PM.
vvv is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-21-2007, 06:34 PM   #93
Armor78154
Armor78154 is no ebook tyro.Armor78154 is no ebook tyro.Armor78154 is no ebook tyro.Armor78154 is no ebook tyro.Armor78154 is no ebook tyro.Armor78154 is no ebook tyro.Armor78154 is no ebook tyro.Armor78154 is no ebook tyro.Armor78154 is no ebook tyro.

Device: Sony Reader
Thanks

Thanks for your assistance guys. I was just worried when I couldn't access the Fonts menu by hitting F6. I thought that in updating the application, I had broken something.
Armor78154 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 08:08 PM   #94
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vvv
P.S. If you are going to use some external fonts, choose them first pressing "external fonts -> add". As soon as some fonts are presented in the "external fonts" list, they will be available for assigment through the "font" column.
If I use a font other than Dutch (Times) or Swiss (Ariel) for creating an LRF file for the Sony Reader, will BD5 embed this font in the file? My tests seem to all revert to the native fonts in the Reader.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 11:57 AM   #95
Aprilbeginnings
Guru
Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-500 /prs 650 soon
Quote:
Originally Posted by vvv
The Reader module is ready for the testing.
The corresponding BookDesigner update is here
http://www.the-ebook.org/e107/e107_f...2007_01_29.zip

I can't get any of these to install........ I am stuck with the old version...... what am I doing wrong? HELP. I had it overwrite all the files under programs/bookdesigner 4.0 and when I run it it reverts to the old default, i get that message.
Aprilbeginnings is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-23-2007, 11:58 AM   #96
Aprilbeginnings
Guru
Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWood
I went there and my Russian (haven't used it in 30+ years) is very bad so I could not find a download link for it. Everything seemed to point to a copy of the old version 4.
ha ha, having the same problem here too.
Old 03-23-2007, 12:08 PM   #97
Aprilbeginnings
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aprilbeginnings
ha ha, having the same problem here too.
Okay found the newest update...... I can't use the sony reader icon, I have to use it from the toolbar uptop..... will play with this and see what happens. I have a feeling I will just be leaving the books I have as they are...... <sigh>
Old 03-23-2007, 01:43 PM   #98
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Karen, unlike the original install of BD4, for the updates you have to unzip the contents and then copy them over the existing files in the "Program Files/Book Designer 4" subdirectory.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 01:50 PM   #99
Aprilbeginnings
Guru

That is what I had done and it didn't work... but I got the newest version to work.... still says version 4 with my icons and such but I have the sony reader button now so I know I have the correct one.
Old 03-23-2007, 01:57 PM   #100
Aprilbeginnings
Guru

you know what I am looking at this again. I still do not have the sony reader button, I have libre button, BUT I do have the sony reader choice up in *make books*..
Old 03-23-2007, 02:01 PM   #101
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Strange! The first three entries on the "Make eBooks" menu should be:

Sony Reader
Iliad
Sony Librie

It sounds as if you're still running version 4. If you look in the "Book Designer Update" thread a few below this one, on the last page you'll find a download link to the most recent March 17th update. All you have to do is download that, unzip it into a folder, and then copy the contents of that folder into the:

C:\Program Files\Book Designer 4.0

folder, saying "Yes" whenever Windows asks you if it should overwrite existing files. That will update BD to the latest v5.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 02:08 PM   #102
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Oops - sorry; this is the "Book Designer Update" thread . The update link you need is in message #89 by "vvv", which for me is on the previous page of this topic. All you need is the most recent update.
Old 03-23-2007, 02:25 PM   #103
Aprilbeginnings
Guru

I can't seem to get the margins at the top and bottom...... at the bottom I have about a 1/2 inch of space that could be used for text...... the text at the top is about a quarter of an inch which is fine.... I have changed the top and bottom settings but it's not taking? Any ideas.
Old 03-23-2007, 02:30 PM   #104
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Are you now using version 5 and generating books for the Sony Reader, Karen? If you're still using the "Librie" option you're probably just seeing the different page sizes of the Librie and the Reader!
Old 03-24-2007, 08:56 AM   #105
diabloNL
Gadget Force®
diabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with others

Device: Sony PRS-300 + Cybook with funny screen :P
Does anyone know why some characters are transformed in Russian characters?

Also the "&" sign disappears when importing a RTF file and if you add it yourself to BD it will print it as "&amp;" in the LRF file. When I import "é" in BD he will show it as "й" and when it's a LRF file it will show it as "&-#233;"

See picture:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Image1.jpg
Views:	339
Size:	70.5 KB
ID:	2966  

Last edited by diabloNL; 03-24-2007 at 09:11 AM.
diabloNL is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bookdesigner