Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 02-28-2007, 01:20 PM   #76
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
I saved out the English Book Designer 5 (alpha) help files in MS Word format for anyone who needs them or wants to see the options in Book Designer before loading it.

Edit: Added a PDF version.
Attached Files
File Type: doc DesignerHelpEng.doc (281.5 KB, 684 views)
File Type: pdf DesignerHelpEng.pdf (220.0 KB, 1556 views)

Last edited by RWood; 02-28-2007 at 01:22 PM.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 01:09 PM   #77
FangornUK
Addict
FangornUK has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.FangornUK has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.FangornUK has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.FangornUK has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad, Kindle 3
I've noticed that Book Designer doesn't import HTML entities properly, for example '&#243 ;' should be imported as 'ó' but it appears as 'у'

Some other examples: '&#251 ;' appears as 'ы' instead of 'û'

(Had to put spaces in to stop the forum parsing the '&#' values.

There's a good site with all entities listed here

Last edited by FangornUK; 03-08-2007 at 01:15 PM.
FangornUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-14-2007, 12:54 PM   #78
FangornUK
Addict
FangornUK has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.FangornUK has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.FangornUK has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.FangornUK has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad, Kindle 3
Figured out my problem with accented characters. I had some Tolkien words which would always be converted to junk until I set the language to German. That fixed this issue for me.
Latest version of Book Designer is just brilliant!
FangornUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 04:58 AM   #79
jriihi
jriihi began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader, Apple iPad
I hope author reads this..

There is bug in bookdesigner (latest version 15.3.2007) when importing pdf documents. It seems to remove all double quotes during conversion.

"He said... " becomes He said...

For lit and txt there is no such problem.

Last edited by jriihi; 03-18-2007 at 05:05 AM.
jriihi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 06:19 AM   #80
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Is there the lates version 15 March 2007??
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-19-2007, 06:51 AM   #81
jriihi

Quote:
Originally Posted by astra_lestat
Is there the lates version 15 March 2007??
Yes there is update dated March 15th, 2007. Latest updates for bookdesigner can be found from www.bookdesigner.org website (Russian).
Old 03-19-2007, 01:47 PM   #82
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I went there and my Russian (haven't used it in 30+ years) is very bad so I could not find a download link for it. Everything seemed to point to a copy of the old version 4.
Old 03-19-2007, 02:18 PM   #83
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Ran it through Bablefish (BabelFish is your frieeeeend!), which let me see an update from January 29th, I thought that one was the newest.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 02:26 PM   #84
RWood
Technogeezer

I have that one; but, it seemed that there was something about a March 15th update. I am very sure that most of the current problems I have with BookDesigner are caused by an error between the keyboard and the chair.
Old 03-19-2007, 02:36 PM   #85
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Ah, yes, the insidious PEBCAK issue (also known as a wetware problem).
Old 03-19-2007, 02:39 PM   #86
jriihi

Yes 1st news/blog item in front page of that site is dated March 15 2007 and that talks about update for sony reader functions and download link to it.

google translate (russian to english):
http://www.google.com/translate_t
Old 03-19-2007, 02:46 PM   #87
NatCh
Gizmologist

Ah, I see it now -- I thought before that it was just a download of the V4.

The modification date on the BookDesigner.exe file, inside the zip is 3/16, so that suggests that something has been adjusted.
Old 03-19-2007, 02:51 PM   #88
RWood
Technogeezer

Thanks, I got the new update. It seems to say that it now supports multilevel TOCs.
Old 03-21-2007, 01:26 PM   #89
vvv
Zealot
vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iLiad, Librie, REB1100, GEB2150, GEB1150, etc
Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh
Ah, I see it now -- I thought before that it was just a download of the V4.
The modification date on the BookDesigner.exe file, inside the zip is 3/16, so that suggests that something has been adjusted.
The last update (16.03.2007):
http://www.the-ebook.org/e107/e107_f...esignerExe.zip

1. Make eBooks -> BookImage -> Sony Reader: the screen rotation support has been added (orientation, deg: 0, 90, 180, 270).

2. Make eBooks -> Sony Reader:
a). e-book -> author -> shift button: shifts the text in the "author" field.
b). options -> book elements -> book author. If "from last name" is checked then the book author line (e-book -> author) will begin from the book author last name, otherwise - from the first name.
c). options -> book elements -> book serie pos. If "begining" is checked then the serie abbreviation will be added before the book title, otherwise - after.
d). options -> headers/footers -> footer
- auto (add): puts all the titles found on a page to the footer.
- auto: puts the longest title to the footer.
- title 1: puts the first title to the footer.
- title 2 (add): puts the two first titles to the footer.
- title 2: puts the second title to the footer.
e). options -> headers/footers -> footer -> use subtitles checked: the subtitles will be included to the footer.
f). options -> headers/footers -> header
- author: puts the book author name to the header.
- title: puts the book title to the header.
- title+author: puts the book title and book author name to the header.

3. misc -> toc -> all: the subtitles will be included to the ТОС.

P.S. Because the settings structure was extended, some problems with settings may appear after the update. If so, press "settings -> default" or, if the settings were saved before the update - load the saved settings file pressing "settings -> load".
vvv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 03:07 PM   #90
Armor78154
Armor78154 is no ebook tyro.Armor78154 is no ebook tyro.Armor78154 is no ebook tyro.Armor78154 is no ebook tyro.Armor78154 is no ebook tyro.Armor78154 is no ebook tyro.Armor78154 is no ebook tyro.Armor78154 is no ebook tyro.Armor78154 is no ebook tyro.

Device: Sony Reader
Unable to Perform Text Modifications

I am using the latest update of the software, but I cannot get the Font window to display when opening my book. It is an .rtf file that I downloaded from Baen.com. I also do not see how you can set the justification of text. I have looked at the Book Converter toolbar, and I do not see any tools that allow for basic text manipulation tasks such as adjusting fonts or modifying the justification. I would appreciate any help anyone can provide.

Thanks.
Armor78154 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bookdesigner