Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-02-2016, 11:12 PM   #46
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cesca View Post
Yeah, I'm in Canada. Strange that it's not in my settings, yet. Maybe in the next firmware. Don't have the user guide either, just a "placeholder" for it, under Help.
Both Overdrive and the user guide should be there (they are on mine with 4.0.7523). I think I'd try a factory reset because it sounds like something didn't go right with your update.
robko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 11:33 PM   #47
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by petercreasey View Post
I don't ever plan to have wifi turned on. Will there be other ways to get firmware updates?
As mentioned, the Kobo desktop application should do it for, you but it hasn't been updated yet. Otherwise, you can turn WiFi when you see news of an update and do a sync. Or you can manually install it using the download link that will be posted here.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-03-2016, 12:32 AM   #48
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Firmware 4.0.7523 will go to the Aura Edition 2

For those who are interested, I have confirmation that firmware version Firmware 4.0.7523 will be sent to the Aura Edition 2.

At present, it will NOT be sent to any of the older devices.
Old 09-03-2016, 04:30 AM   #49
GERGE
Guru
GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra
That Overdrive only works in NA is quite ununderstandable. If they are trying to sell more Aura Ones by making Overdrive exclusive, that is understandable, and I would buy one just for the Overdrive.

If only it had worked here...
GERGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 05:25 AM   #50
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by GERGE View Post
That Overdrive only works in NA is quite ununderstandable. If they are trying to sell more Aura Ones by making Overdrive exclusive, that is understandable, and I would buy one just for the Overdrive.

If only it had worked here...
That is a thing I'll have to see how to work around if I get it. I don't live in USA but I really use legally Overdrive, so why are they going to restrict the option? If it happens, it only shows they don't know how libraries work.
Terisa de morgan is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-03-2016, 05:37 AM   #51
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by GERGE View Post
That Overdrive only works in NA is quite ununderstandable.
Wait, who says it only works in NA? The Kobo press release says: "Dependent on library participation, available through most public libraries in North America, United Kingdom, Australia and New Zealand."

http://news.kobo.com/press/releases/...eal-booklovers
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 05:57 AM   #52
anacreon
Guru
anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa, Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by datanoise View Post
Dunno it it wan help you or not, I'm running this firmware on the h2o. The french dictionary is 3.5 MB and even if you set the language of the kobo to french, the search from the home page is only done on the english dictionary. I didn't find any way to change that.

Good luck

Edit: This french dictionary seems rather poor.
Yes it is abysmal I'll try replacing it with the Littré once I've solved my battery problems.
anacreon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 06:18 AM   #53
Ksquared
Groupie
Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Original Kobo Aura 6", Libra H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
For those who are interested, I have confirmation that firmware version Firmware 4.0.7523 will be sent to the Aura Edition 2.

At present, it will NOT be sent to any of the older devices.
so, Edition 2 will have Overdrive?
Ksquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 06:39 AM   #54
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksquared View Post
so, Edition 2 will have Overdrive?
Please read the first post. And every other post where I have said that Overdrive will ONLY be on the Aura One.
Old 09-03-2016, 09:44 AM   #55
Raymond73
Raymond73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Raymond73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Raymond73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Raymond73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Raymond73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Raymond73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Raymond73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Raymond73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Raymond73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Raymond73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Raymond73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD, Aura H2O, Tolino Vision 3HD, Kindle Voyage, Kobo Aura ONE
Quote:
Originally Posted by robko View Post
Both Overdrive and the user guide should be there (they are on mine with 4.0.7523). I think I'd try a factory reset because it sounds like something didn't go right with your update.
I'm in the Netherlands and after the update to 4.0.7523 the OverDrive option is gone from the settings (it was there in the 3.20 firmware) so i guess they did make it region specific.
Raymond73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 10:24 AM   #56
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond73 View Post
I'm in the Netherlands and after the update to 4.0.7523 the OverDrive option is gone from the settings (it was there in the 3.20 firmware) so i guess they did make it region specific.
Yes, it is region specific and Kobo stated the places it would be available in the initial press release. I assume Kobo started with them as they are all English speaking nations. Plus the USA . Hopefully it expands to other regions as they sort out whatever technical or legal issues where involved.

We also don't know how Kobo are doing it region restrictions. It could be IP address based, and a VPN would get around it. But, it could also be based on the address you have recorded in your Kobo account.
Old 09-03-2016, 10:40 AM   #57
the.Mtn.Man
Guru
the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
I'll just be happy if Kobo fixes the wonky front-light adjustment in the Aura. Right now there's an odd lag when using the two-finger swipe that makes it easy to overshoot your desired brightness.
the.Mtn.Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 10:49 AM   #58
Ksquared
Groupie
Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Original Kobo Aura 6", Libra H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Please read the first post. And every other post where I have said that Overdrive will ONLY be on the Aura One.
Sorry - I was trying to read something into your statement that was not there...
Ksquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 11:51 AM   #59
Cesca
Groupie
Cesca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cesca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cesca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cesca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cesca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cesca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cesca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cesca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cesca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cesca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cesca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobos, iPads, Sonys
Factory Reset

Quote:
Originally Posted by robko View Post
I did the factory reset and it worked. I now have both the Overdrive setting and the user guide. Thanks!
Cesca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 11:58 AM   #60
anacreon
Guru
anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa, Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cesca View Post
I did the factory reset and it worked. I now have both the Overdrive setting and the user guide. Thanks!
Could you make the user guide available here please? It is not yet available in French, and even after upgrading I have the "place holder" that tells me (in English) that the French version will be replacing it. I have no idea when.
anacreon is offline   Reply With Quote