Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-02-2016, 08:26 AM   #16
datanoise
Groupie
datanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: SuperNote A5X
Will this be pushed to other kobo devices too, using the sync system, later on? (glo, h2o etc)
datanoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 08:27 AM   #17
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by datanoise View Post
Will this be pushed to other kobo devices too, using the sync system, later on? (glo, h2o etc)
Did you read the first post?
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-02-2016, 08:39 AM   #18
freekobo
Addict
freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
From the table structure, they look to be the details of the Overdrive libraries you use and the cards for them. I don't think it will be anything useful to fiddle with.
ah
I wonder what the BookReader.sqlite is for. It appears to be encrypted.
freekobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 08:52 AM   #19
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
From the table structure, they look to be the details of the Overdrive libraries you use and the cards for them. I don't think it will be anything useful to fiddle with.
Well, it can be comfortable to add the cards by hand Aside of that...
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 08:53 AM   #20
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by freekobo View Post
ah
I wonder what the BookReader.sqlite is for. It appears to be encrypted.
Card password?
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-02-2016, 09:10 AM   #21
anacreon
Guru
anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa, Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by oren64 View Post
Aura One and possibly Kobo Aura Edition 2

Mark 6

http://download.kobobooks.com/firmwa...e-4.0.7523.zip
But the Glo HD too is Mark 6 Hardware. I'd have thought Kobo would have created a different Mark if it is not applicable to the Glo HD. And I'm very much interested for mine which is still on 3.15.0 because of the access to the French dictionary.
anacreon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 09:26 AM   #22
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Just remembered something.

Kobo changed an option in the database. The have changed from journal mode to "WAL". This should mean better performance and I less likelihood of corruption. But, the Windows version of the Python SQLite library that the KoboTouch driver used did not support this journal mode. I needed to change the driver to use a different Python SQLite library that does support this journal mode. This was released in calibre 2.63.0.

What this means is that you cannot use a version of calibre before 2.63.0 on Windows with this firmware. You will also need the latest versions of the Kobo Utilities plugin and KoboTouchExtended driver if you use them.
Old 09-02-2016, 09:33 AM   #23
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Since this works on the H2O, I might give it a go but only if the patches are written for this new firmware version.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 09:35 AM   #24
freekobo
Addict
freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
some urls in libnickel.so.1.0.0 that are kinda of interesting

https://auth.overdrive.com/account
https://{libraryKey}.auth.overdrive.com/library
https://thunder-api.overdrive.com
https://libraryfinder.api.overdrive.com
freekobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 09:38 AM   #25
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by anacreon View Post
But the Glo HD too is Mark 6 Hardware. I'd have thought Kobo would have created a different Mark if it is not applicable to the Glo HD. And I'm very much interested for mine which is still on 3.15.0 because of the access to the French dictionary.
As I've stated lots of times in the last few weeks, Kobo does not always release the new firmware for all devices at the same time. And when they release a new device with something new in it, they usually delay the release for the other devices to make the new device more "special".

The different "marks" are hardware versions. This suggests that the Aura One and Glo HD are a lot more similar than I would have expected.
Old 09-02-2016, 10:30 AM   #26
Cesca
Groupie
Cesca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cesca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cesca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cesca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cesca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cesca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cesca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cesca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cesca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cesca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cesca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobos, iPads, Sonys
Quote:
Originally Posted by oren64 View Post
Sorry, I fix the link, try now.

Did you try upgraid the firmware of your Glo HD by syncing?
Yes, and it updated to 3.19.5761 which says it has bug fixes and a change to the Kobo store.
Cesca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 12:31 PM   #27
anacreon
Guru
anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa, Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cesca View Post
Yes, and it updated to 3.19.5761 which says it has bug fixes and a change to the Kobo store.
Could you please check for me if this version allows you to search directly in the French dictionary (for instance from the home page)?

If it does, I'll uninstall the patches and install that version.
anacreon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 01:58 PM   #28
datanoise
Groupie
datanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshes

Quote:
Did you read the first post?
Sure, but it wasn't clear in my mind if it would be released later on for other models or not.

Your second answer was perfectly clear though, thanks!

Quote:
As I've stated lots of times in the last few weeks, Kobo does not always release the new firmware for all devices at the same time. And when they release a new device with something new in it, they usually delay the release for the other devices to make the new device more "special".

The different "marks" are hardware versions. This suggests that the Aura One and Glo HD are a lot more similar than I would have expected.
Old 09-02-2016, 02:05 PM   #29
datanoise
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by anacreon View Post
Could you please check for me if this version allows you to search directly in the French dictionary (for instance from the home page)?

If it does, I'll uninstall the patches and install that version.
Dunno it it wan help you or not, I'm running this firmware on the h2o. The french dictionary is 3.5 MB and even if you set the language of the kobo to french, the search from the home page is only done on the english dictionary. I didn't find any way to change that.

Good luck

Edit: This french dictionary seems rather poor.
Old 09-02-2016, 02:41 PM   #30
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by freekobo View Post
I installed the KoboRoot.tgz file only on my Kobo Aura (original). Worked fine. I don't see the Overdrive account settings.
I installed the new firmware on my Aura One.

Overdrive mow works for me.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote