Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-29-2016, 10:48 AM   #181
petercreasey
Wizard
petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony: PRS 950 & T1, Kobo: Aura One & Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
If you don't sync, you don't get the update.
david, that's good to know.

I'll have to see if there is anything in the new firmware update that benefits my user profile. (I kind of doubt there will be!?!)
petercreasey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 10:53 AM   #182
Willa
Davidfor's friend 😊
Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
I see some new Kobo posters, so an FYI...

(I believe) davidfor is part of a beta group, so he probably has an idea of what's in the works. Davidfor, please correct me if I am wrong.
Davidfor is the brains! He also tinkers a lot on Calibre
Willa is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-29-2016, 12:09 PM   #183
the.Mtn.Man
Guru
the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkkobo View Post
its out what kind of updates contain the new firmware Update?

The Background of this question are the damn Reading Stats for the sideboarded books
It's out? Wasn't there a post earlier saying that the firmware release had been pushed back a week?
the.Mtn.Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 01:02 PM   #184
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
its out what kind of updates contain the new firmware Update?
Quote:
Originally Posted by the.Mtn.Man View Post
It's out? Wasn't there a post earlier saying that the firmware release had been pushed back a week?
It's not out. He's asking if what's going to be new in the update is out. And no, details of that are not.
robko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 10:07 AM   #185
Darkkobo
Enthusiast
Darkkobo might easily be mistaken for a TexanDarkkobo might easily be mistaken for a TexanDarkkobo might easily be mistaken for a TexanDarkkobo might easily be mistaken for a TexanDarkkobo might easily be mistaken for a TexanDarkkobo might easily be mistaken for a TexanDarkkobo might easily be mistaken for a TexanDarkkobo might easily be mistaken for a TexanDarkkobo might easily be mistaken for a TexanDarkkobo might easily be mistaken for a TexanDarkkobo might easily be mistaken for a Texan

Device: Kobo Aura one
Quote:
Yes, it's a known bug in 4.0.7523 that the finished books count isn't updated in the stats. It should be fixed in the next release.
Ty very much.

Is that a bug too, sideboarded books doesnt feed the kobo statistic or its a feature?
Darkkobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-30-2016, 10:10 AM   #186
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Is that a bug too, sideboarded books doesnt feed the kobo statistic or its a feature?
It is a bug that NO finished books get added to the finished stat.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 10:28 AM   #187
kobayashi
Groupie
kobayashi rocks like Gibraltar!kobayashi rocks like Gibraltar!kobayashi rocks like Gibraltar!kobayashi rocks like Gibraltar!kobayashi rocks like Gibraltar!kobayashi rocks like Gibraltar!kobayashi rocks like Gibraltar!kobayashi rocks like Gibraltar!kobayashi rocks like Gibraltar!kobayashi rocks like Gibraltar!kobayashi rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: KA1
The new version of Calibre supports firmware version 4.1 now.
kobayashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 12:04 PM   #188
Darkkobo
Enthusiast
Darkkobo might easily be mistaken for a TexanDarkkobo might easily be mistaken for a TexanDarkkobo might easily be mistaken for a TexanDarkkobo might easily be mistaken for a TexanDarkkobo might easily be mistaken for a TexanDarkkobo might easily be mistaken for a TexanDarkkobo might easily be mistaken for a TexanDarkkobo might easily be mistaken for a TexanDarkkobo might easily be mistaken for a TexanDarkkobo might easily be mistaken for a TexanDarkkobo might easily be mistaken for a Texan

Device: Kobo Aura one
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobayashi View Post
The new version of Calibre supports firmware version 4.1 now.
whats the difference if the newest calibre version supports 4.1?
Darkkobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 12:05 PM   #189
piratepanda
Connoisseur
piratepanda has a spectacular aura aboutpiratepanda has a spectacular aura aboutpiratepanda has a spectacular aura aboutpiratepanda has a spectacular aura aboutpiratepanda has a spectacular aura aboutpiratepanda has a spectacular aura aboutpiratepanda has a spectacular aura aboutpiratepanda has a spectacular aura aboutpiratepanda has a spectacular aura aboutpiratepanda has a spectacular aura aboutpiratepanda has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Aura One
Quote:
whats the difference if the newest calibre version supports 4.1?
I think he meant that it can't be far from release
piratepanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 12:37 PM   #190
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by piratepanda View Post
I think he meant that it can't be far from release
I think think it boils down to you won't get a warning box from Calibre when the next firmware is released.

Last edited by John F; 09-30-2016 at 12:49 PM.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 12:47 PM   #191
piratepanda
Connoisseur
piratepanda has a spectacular aura aboutpiratepanda has a spectacular aura aboutpiratepanda has a spectacular aura aboutpiratepanda has a spectacular aura aboutpiratepanda has a spectacular aura aboutpiratepanda has a spectacular aura aboutpiratepanda has a spectacular aura aboutpiratepanda has a spectacular aura aboutpiratepanda has a spectacular aura aboutpiratepanda has a spectacular aura aboutpiratepanda has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Aura One
Yep, that's about the same
piratepanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 09:30 PM   #192
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Yes, calibre 2.69 has support for firmware version 4.1. There are no changes in this firmware version that need changes in calibre other then a firmware version bump. I expect the firmware release will be sometime next week.

There are other updates to the driver. One is that OverDrive books are recognised. They will be matched with books in the calibre library and, in the device view, the collections column have "OverDrive" included in the collections.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 09:29 AM   #193
Kudla
Kudla began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo: Touch, Aura
Question Vendor Screen Saver is Back!

Quote:
The affiliate is defined in a file. In .kobo/affiliate.conf, change the affiliate to "Kobo".
Quote:
Originally Posted by robko View Post
And to expand on what David said, making this is change in your config file is all you need to do to get rid of the FNAC branding and allow you to use the book cover as your "screen saver" screen.
I did the same. The screen saver from the vendor 'FNAC' disappeared.

But now, it has made a comeback. Is it coz of the sync OR is it lying somewhere on the device to spring back? What am I doing wrong here?

When I see inside the .kobo folder, I see 2 .conf files. One by the affiliate and another of kobo. So even after renaming the affiliate file it is making a comeback.

Please advise.

Last edited by Kudla; 02-04-2017 at 09:33 AM.
Kudla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 12:14 PM   #194
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kudla View Post
I did the same. The screen saver from the vendor 'FNAC' disappeared.

But now, it has made a comeback. Is it coz of the sync OR is it lying somewhere on the device to spring back? What am I doing wrong here?

When I see inside the .kobo folder, I see 2 .conf files. One by the affiliate and another of kobo. So even after renaming the affiliate file it is making a comeback.

Please advise.
Don't rename affiliate.conf to kobo.conf. Edit it with an end of line respecting editor (for Windows, I use Notepad++, for Linux and Mac, any editor) and change the line where it reads affiliate=fnac to affiliate=Kobo. Sample of what the contents of the file should be:

Code:
[General]
affiliate=Kobo

Last edited by DNSB; 02-04-2017 at 12:17 PM.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 09:28 PM   #195
Kudla
Kudla began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo: Touch, Aura
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Don't rename affiliate.conf to kobo.conf. Edit it with an end of line respecting editor (for Windows, I use Notepad++, for Linux and Mac, any editor) and change the line where it reads affiliate=fnac to affiliate=Kobo. Sample of what the contents of the file should be:

Code:
[General]
affiliate=Kobo
Perfect! Thank You!
Kudla is offline   Reply With Quote