Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-25-2016, 02:13 PM   #1
rvank
rvank began at the beginning.

Device: ipad mini first gen.
Adding books from folder also imports books from unknown location

Hi All,

I have removed a previous version and installed the latest (2.53.0) on OSX (mac) but i have problems adding books to the library.
I have deleted the old library folder and emptied the trash.

I have made screenshots of what steps i followed you can see these in the attached pdf file.

I have removed all epub files from the harddisk in the computer, icloud drive, dropbox and Google drive.

I have no idee where these other files are coming from.
Maybe i have missed some thing when i deleted the old version. Ihave deleted the old version using AppCleaner.app

Any help is apriciated
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Calibre problem with import of books.pdf (1.49 MB, 210 views)
rvank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 09:36 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
If adding books is adding the files, then they exist in the folder you are adding them from. Remember that OS X has various types of hidden files and folders that dont show up in finder. For example, filenames starting with a dot. You can create rules to exclude these in Preferences->Adding books
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert