Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 06-18-2015, 06:03 AM   #1
Phssthpok
Age improves with wine.
Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kobo Libra II
Autoadd *sometimes* not working

I put a bunch of files in my auto-add directory the other day. 80% of them promptly got added, but 20% didn't. I spent yesterday googling for ideas, restarting Calibre, sacrificing chickens, trying to find a way to make it notice there was something there to add. Today they were still there, and I decided to ask here for a solution. As soon as I made this decision, the books got added and disappeared from the autoadd directory.

My question is, how did Calibre know what I was thinking? And is there a more reliable way than telepathy to kick the auto-adder when it's fallen asleep?
Phssthpok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 07:58 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Restarting calibre will rescan the auto-add directory manually. But, typically, files fail to auto-add when calibre is unable to open them, for instance, if another process has locked them.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-18-2015, 08:09 AM   #3
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@Phssthpok - I've known of 3rd party file managers to hold locks over files for no explicable reason.

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 06-18-2015 at 08:14 AM.
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 06:57 AM   #4
Phssthpok
Age improves with wine.
Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kobo Libra II
Sounds vaguely plausible. However, the autoadd directory is just an ordinary directory in "My Documents" which is not used for any other purpose... but maybe AVG was in a bad mood that day, or something. So probably more plausible than telepathy, but...
Phssthpok is offline   Reply With Quote