Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 07-29-2007, 03:12 PM   #1
zander_nyrond
zander_nyrond began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS500
Using lit2lrf

Hi, um, my name's Zander and i have a history of PMing Kovidgoyal in panic about something that isn't working, only to find that when i next log on it's sorted itself out. (Sorry, Kovid.) So i thought i'd try a different approach with this possible problem and see if it works the same magic cure.

i have a bunch of LIT files that i want to convert using lit2lrf. i tried using the * wildcard first, and that didn't work for some reason that wasn't clear to me (it said "unable to read"...) so then i tried one particular file, and i got the help file for the command followed at the bottom by "No .lit file specified." So then, following a hunch, i renamed the file, removing the author's name and the space-hyphen-space before the actual title, and this time it seems to have worked.

All these files have the author's name and space-hyphen-space in the names.

So my question is: is that really the problem, and if so am i going to have to go through nine hundred files one by one and remove the space-hyphen-space manually, or is there some slightly quicker way?

Last edited by zander_nyrond; 07-29-2007 at 03:16 PM.
zander_nyrond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 03:30 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
lit2lrf doesn't support wildcards and for a single file name, if it has spaces you need to enclose the name in quotes. Use the TAB key for completion, it should put the quotes automatically.

Someone that uses windows here can probably give you a two line bat script that will convert all the files in a directory.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-29-2007, 03:43 PM   #3
visionarycat
visionarycat began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-500
I don't know if this'll work for you, but what I do is:
1) copy the file(s) in the same directory where Lit2Lrf is.
2) I open the Lit2Lrf folder and drag-and-drop the LIT files onto the Lit2Lrf.exe icon.

Lit2Lrf automatically opens and converts all the files. I don't know what OS you're using, but it works for me on Windows XP.
visionarycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 05:00 PM   #4
zander_nyrond

Thank you, and sorry for my benighted ignorance.
Old 07-29-2007, 05:15 PM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
But, if you do it that way, how do you specify any options other then the default options?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-29-2007, 07:45 PM   #6
zander_nyrond

Well, i'm still very new to all this, so i'll stick with the default options for the moment. After all, i'll still have the original files...i can always do it again.

i managed to write my own BAT file, and it only took one line:

for %%f in (*.lit) do lit2lrf "%%f"

It's still running at the moment, but i should know if it's worked any second...
Old 07-30-2007, 02:33 AM   #7
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
That should work just fine.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 02:34 AM   #8
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
But, if you do it that way, how do you specify any options other then the default options?
If you always wanted to use the same set of options, you could create a "shortcut" to lit2lrf and specify the options in the shortcut properties. You could have different shortcuts for different sets of options.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 01:26 AM   #9
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I just found a need for an indent override with lit2lrf. Lit2lrf picks up the indent from the lit file. But sometimes, the indent is not enough. And there is no way to control the indent.

I found a bug in LIT conversion where the ToC is all screwed up when the LIT file has one of those ToC that is a seperate popup type page. lit2lrf just doesn't get the links correct.
Old 08-02-2007, 01:16 PM   #10
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Open ze bug reports and send me ze naughty lit.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 02:40 PM   #11
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Ticket opened and LIT file attached.