Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-17-2007, 11:17 PM   #91
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Ok, I made a slight mistake. The LIT file I was working from was corrupted. So the error I posted was invalid. BUT, working from a proper working version, now I get ...
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "convert_from.py", line 98, in <module>
File "convert_from.py", line 93, in main
File "convert_from.py", line 80, in process_file
File "libprs500\ebooks\lrf\html\convert_from.pyo", line 1466, in process_file
File "libprs500\ebooks\lrf\html\convert_from.pyo", line 1374, in writeto
File "libprs500\ebooks\lrf\pylrs\pylrs.pyo", line 541, in renderLrf
File "libprs500\ebooks\lrf\pylrs\pylrs.pyo", line 224, in toLrf
File "libprs500\ebooks\lrf\pylrs\pylrs.pyo", line 220, in toLrfDelegates
File "libprs500\ebooks\lrf\pylrs\pylrs.pyo", line 1957, in toLrf
File "libprs500\ebooks\lrf\pylrs\pylrs.pyo", line 1978, in toLrf
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'objId'
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 11:17 PM   #92
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
works for me on XP as well. The error message above is caused by clit failing. A bug in 0.3.98 unfortunately prevents you from seeing the error message. Run it with --verbose that will atleast show you the commandline being passed to clit.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-17-2007, 11:19 PM   #93
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
works for me on XP as well. The error message above is caused by clit failing. A bug in 0.3.98 unfortunately prevents you from seeing the error message. Run it with --verbose that will atleast show you the command line being passed to clit.
if I convert to HTML using CLIT, I get the same error message.
Old 08-17-2007, 11:25 PM   #94
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

cool a bug in html2lrf (its guts have been extensively rewritten in the past couple of days). Please send me the lit file.
Old 08-17-2007, 11:30 PM   #95
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
cool a bug in html2lrf (its guts have been extensively rewritten in the past couple of days). Please send me the lit file.
I've just opened ticket #161 and attached the LIT file in question. And this LIT file once did convert without a problem except the indent being too narrow.
Advert
Old 08-18-2007, 12:02 AM   #96
Excalibur
Excalibur began at the beginning.

Device: Sony eReader 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeBuddha View Post
Would
Code:
for %%f in (*.*) do any2lrf --blank-after-para "%%f"
work too? Or would it go into an infinite loop in an attempt to convert lrfs to lrfs?

Also, I haven't handled .bats since the days of MS-Dos, so I don't remember if I had to include any kind of separator (eg. semi-colon) between commands. Would a NL/CR do?

I'm basically looking to make a "convert all to LRF" batch script for my incredibly jumbled ebook folders to use with libprs500. So something along the lines of the script line above, one each for lit2lrf, pdf2lrf, rtf2lrf, html2lrf & txt2lrf.

Also, as .doc and .chm formats are not included in libprs500 I'm also looking into apps to convert those to HTML and from there to LRF (which should work as long as the conversion to HTML is before the html2lrf conversion in the script).

I remember seeing a chm2html converter mentioned somewhere but can't find it anymore, and I haven't run into any doc2html or docx2html converters.
I don't think that there would be a problem, did you try the command with (*.*)? I believe that what would happen would be the (*.*) command would take a snapshot of the directory and then run with it from there the first time it was run, sort of like taking a dir.

To be on the safe side, you could always just mimic the command with (*.doc) then another line with (*.rtf) then (*.txt) etc. But I think *.* should work OK.

Yeah, you can separate commands with a CRLF, (or a return) without a problem. The semicolon is in the PATH and other environment variables as far as I am aware.

You can convert your chm to html with hh.exe. hh.exe -decompile <out> <in> at least that's what I've seen online...
Excalibur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 08:44 AM   #97
Gamgee72
Gamgee72 began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505 X 2
I've been surfing this site for a couple of weeks now and am appreciative of all the work Sony eBook Reader fans have come up with although I do not pretend to know anything about coding/programming.

I have installed libprs500 but have yet to get the lit2lrf module to work for me. The lit2lrf module seems to launch okay but it never completes the conversion. Below is a sample error that I got. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Traceback <most recent call last>:
File "convert_from.py", line 83, in <module>
File "convert_from.py", line 77, in main
File "libprs500\ebooks\lrf\htm\convert_from.pyo", line 1307, in process_file
File "libprs500\devices\prs500\driver.pyo", line 56, in <module>
File "libprs500\devices\libusb.pyo", line 32, in <module>
File "libprs500\__init__.pyo", line 53, in load_library
File "ctypes\__init__.pyo", line 423, in LoadLibrary
File "ctypes\__init__.pyo", line 340, in __init__
WindowsError: [Error 126] The specified <module> could not be found
Gamgee72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 11:05 AM   #98
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

This has been fixed in the latest version. 0.3.104
Old 08-24-2007, 11:51 PM   #99
Gamgee72
Gamgee72 began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505 X 2
Thanks! Works like a charm now.
Gamgee72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 12:23 AM   #100
adfleisher
Enthusiast
adfleisher doesn't litteradfleisher doesn't litter

Device: PocketBook 360, Nook
for some reason it isn't letting me download the Mac version. I get an error when I try and save the link target as a file on the hdd and get giberish ascii when I just click on the link...
adfleisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 11:37 AM   #101
Xenophon
curmudgeon
Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, (ex)nook, (ex)PRS-700, (ex)PRS-500
Quote:
Originally Posted by adfleisher View Post
for some reason it isn't letting me download the Mac version. I get an error when I try and save the link target as a file on the hdd and get giberish ascii when I just click on the link...
Working fine for me now. Give it another try.

Xenophon
Xenophon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 07:33 PM   #102
wyldkit
Connoisseur
wyldkit knows what time it iswyldkit knows what time it iswyldkit knows what time it iswyldkit knows what time it iswyldkit knows what time it iswyldkit knows what time it iswyldkit knows what time it iswyldkit knows what time it iswyldkit knows what time it iswyldkit knows what time it iswyldkit knows what time it is

Device: Sony PRS-500 (until I have enough Sony Rewards points for the PRS-300)
Quote:
Originally Posted by adfleisher View Post
I had to right-click on the OS X dmg link and "save link as" to download the Mac version. Of course, if your mouse doesn't have a right button, or if you haven't set up one of the newer Mac mices to do right-click functions, that won't help. I'm sure there's a keyboard shortcut for that, but I don't know it.

EDIT: I think I was reading your post wrong. In any case, it's working for me now as well.
wyldkit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 02:42 PM   #103
cottonball
cottonball began at the beginning.

Device: SONY Reader PRS-505
Hi - Tried converting a .lit file using libprs500 v0.4.8. While the original .lit file included indentation for the first line of each paragraph, the converted version (.lrf) did not. Is there something I'm doing wrong? I did search this and other threads, as well as the libprs500 website, but to no avail. BTW, the ebook in question is "Autumn" by David Moody - free download on http://www.theinfected.co.uk/FreeBook.htm (again, I used the .lit version). Thanks!
cottonball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 07:34 PM   #104
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by cottonball View Post
Hi - Tried converting a .lit file using libprs500 v0.4.8. While the original .lit file included indentation for the first line of each paragraph, the converted version (.lrf) did not. Is there something I'm doing wrong? I did search this and other threads, as well as the libprs500 website, but to no avail. BTW, the ebook in question is "Autumn" by David Moody - free download on http://www.theinfected.co.uk/FreeBook.htm (again, I used the .lit version). Thanks!
It's no the fault of lit2lrf/html2lrf. It's the fault of a really poor LIT file. It uses      as the indent. It does not use a style for the indent. Plus there is no ToC. Best off to use the DOC with Book Designer.
Old 10-10-2007, 09:13 PM   #105
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by cottonball View Post
I used the DOC version to clean up the god awful quotes and then formatted it with Book Designer because the lit is total crap.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14721

Tags
libprs500