Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-17-2007, 10:26 AM   #76
Excalibur
Excalibur began at the beginning.

Device: Sony eReader 500
any2lrf locks up on me. I put in the command

any2lrf book.lit

and it just sits there. I left it alone at one point and 20 minutes later still hadn't produced any output.
Excalibur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 10:35 AM   #77
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Huh odd. Works for me. Run it with the --verbose switch.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-17-2007, 10:49 AM   #78
Excalibur
Excalibur began at the beginning.

Device: Sony eReader 500
I ran it with the verbose switch and it still locks up.

If it helps any, I've got Windows XP SP2 and I'm using the latest version you had posted, 0.3.39 I think? Don't think anything else would cause issues...
Excalibur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 11:40 AM   #79
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
I ran it with the verbose switch and it still locks up.

If it helps any, I've got Windows XP SP2 and I'm using the latest version you had posted, 0.3.39 I think? Don't think anything else would cause issues...
Latest version is 0.3.97. Any2lrf seems to blow up.

Processing contents.html
Parsing HTML...
Converting to BBeB...
Processing WorldsofStarTrekDeepSpace.html
Parsing HTML...
Converting to BBeB...
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "convert_from.py", line 136, in <module>
File "convert_from.py", line 129, in main
File "convert_from.py", line 107, in process_file
File "libprs500\ebooks\lrf\lit\convert_from.pyo", line 76, in process_file
File "libprs500\ebooks\lrf\html\convert_from.pyo", line 1421, in process_file
File "libprs500\ebooks\lrf\html\convert_from.pyo", line 1329, in writeto
File "libprs500\ebooks\lrf\pylrs\pylrs.pyo", line 587, in renderLrf
File "libprs500\ebooks\lrf\pylrs\pylrs.pyo", line 224, in toLrf
File "libprs500\ebooks\lrf\pylrs\pylrs.pyo", line 220, in toLrfDelegates
File "libprs500\ebooks\lrf\pylrs\pylrs.pyo", line 2003, in toLrf
File "libprs500\ebooks\lrf\pylrs\pylrs.pyo", line 2024, in toLrf
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'objId'
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 11:44 AM   #80
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

lit2lrf is not working as well...

File "convert_from.py", line 94, in <module>
File "convert_from.py", line 89, in main
File "convert_from.py", line 48, in process_file
AttributeError: 'str' object has no attribute 'verbose'

It does work in 0.3.95. I don't have 0.3.96 to try.
Advert
Old 08-17-2007, 11:59 AM   #81
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

yeah i know it's a typo. Will be fixed in next release. Windows command-line processing leaves a lot to be desired.
Old 08-17-2007, 12:04 PM   #82
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

So unless I need hanging indents, I should be ok with 0.3.95 for now right?
Old 08-17-2007, 12:53 PM   #83
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

yeah.
Old 08-17-2007, 10:12 PM   #84
ZeBuddha
MonkeyWrench
ZeBuddha began at the beginning.

Device: SE K800i & PSP - looking at PRS500 :D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
Put this line in a batch file named, say batch.bat:
Code:
for %%f in (*.lit) do lit2lrf --blank-after-para "%%f"
Then, run it in a directory where you want the contents converted. It is not recursive and will only work in one directory. I didn't need it to go to any directories below the main one, but if you want to figure out how to do that, go right ahead
Would
Code:
for %%f in (*.*) do any2lrf --blank-after-para "%%f"
work too? Or would it go into an infinite loop in an attempt to convert lrfs to lrfs?

Also, I haven't handled .bats since the days of MS-Dos, so I don't remember if I had to include any kind of separator (eg. semi-colon) between commands. Would a NL/CR do?

I'm basically looking to make a "convert all to LRF" batch script for my incredibly jumbled ebook folders to use with libprs500. So something along the lines of the script line above, one each for lit2lrf, pdf2lrf, rtf2lrf, html2lrf & txt2lrf.

Also, as .doc and .chm formats are not included in libprs500 I'm also looking into apps to convert those to HTML and from there to LRF (which should work as long as the conversion to HTML is before the html2lrf conversion in the script).

I remember seeing a chm2html converter mentioned somewhere but can't find it anymore, and I haven't run into any doc2html or docx2html converters.
ZeBuddha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 10:35 PM   #85
irishjew
Enthusiast
irishjew doesn't litteririshjew doesn't litter

Device: Sony Reader
Anyone else get an Error 3 when trying to run the new version of lit2lrf? E.g.,

Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
(C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

C:\Documents and Settings\Akar>"C:\Program Files\libprs500\lit2lrf.exe" "C:\Docu
ments and Settings\Akar\Desktop\New Folder\Dc99.lit"

File "convert_from.py", line 98, in <module>
File "convert_from.py", line 93, in main
File "convert_from.py", line 56, in process_file
File "convert_from.py", line 45, in generate_html
File "shutil.pyo", line 161, in rmtree
File "shutil.pyo", line 159, in rmtree
WindowsError: [Error 3] The system cannot find the path specified: 'c:\\docume~1
\\akar\\locals~1\\temp\\libprs500_lwpbcn/*.*'
irishjew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 10:39 PM   #86
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Convertlit 0.3.98 is the version that blew up.

+---[ ConvertLIT (Version 1.8) ]---------------[ Copyright (c) 2002,2003 ]---
ConvertLIT comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; for details
see the COPYING file or visit "http://www.gnu.org/license/gpl.html".
This is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it under
certain conditions. See the GPL license for details.

File "convert_from.py", line 98, in <module>
File "convert_from.py", line 93, in main
File "convert_from.py", line 56, in process_file
File "convert_from.py", line 45, in generate_html
File "shutil.pyo", line 161, in rmtree
File "shutil.pyo", line 159, in rmtree
WindowsError: [Error 3] The system cannot find the path specified: 'c:\\docume~1
\\jon\\locals~1\\temp\\libprs500_348hqk/*.*'
Old 08-17-2007, 11:00 PM   #87
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

this is on XP? Because it works for me on vista.

Last edited by kovidgoyal; 08-17-2007 at 11:02 PM.
Old 08-17-2007, 11:01 PM   #88
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
this is on XP?
I'm running Windows XP Pro. It blew up pretty good I'd say.
Old 08-17-2007, 11:06 PM   #89
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Sigh now i'm going to have to code workarounds for individual windows versions! And that lit file worked with earlier versions of lit2lrf?
Old 08-17-2007, 11:11 PM   #90
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Sigh now i'm going to have to code workarounds for individual windows versions! And that lit file worked with earlier versions of lit2lrf?
Yes it did work fine. In fact, Its the book I am in the midst of readin on my reader now. It's fine on the reader. I used Times New Roman and wanted redo it so it used the internal font for faster page turns.

Tags
libprs500