Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-03-2016, 12:41 PM   #61
Cesca
Groupie
Cesca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cesca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cesca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cesca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cesca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cesca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cesca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cesca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cesca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cesca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cesca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobos, iPads, Sonys
Aura One User Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by anacreon View Post
Could you make the user guide available here please? It is not yet available in French, and even after upgrading I have the "place holder" that tells me (in English) that the French version will be replacing it. I have no idea when.
Here you go:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/pwgagqr6tv...guide.pdf?dl=0
Cesca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 02:05 PM   #62
anacreon
Guru
anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa, Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cesca View Post
Thank you very much.
anacreon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 03:24 PM   #63
AuntiWiddershins
AuntiWiddershins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AuntiWiddershins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AuntiWiddershins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AuntiWiddershins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AuntiWiddershins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AuntiWiddershins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AuntiWiddershins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AuntiWiddershins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AuntiWiddershins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AuntiWiddershins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AuntiWiddershins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo auraHD
Quote:
Originally Posted by anacreon View Post
Yes it is abysmal I'll try replacing it with the Littré once I've solved my battery problems.
The french dictionary on my Kobo Aura - software version 3.19.5761 (12/29/15) -
is 7.1Mb, which is almost as large as the 7.5Mb english dictionary. It is fine.
AuntiWiddershins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 04:02 PM   #64
johnnyb
Cloud Reader
johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kindle Scribe, iPad Pro 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by the.Mtn.Man View Post
I'll just be happy if Kobo fixes the wonky front-light adjustment in the Aura. Right now there's an odd lag when using the two-finger swipe that makes it easy to overshoot your desired brightness.
That is something that is also the case on my H2O since fw 3.19(?) so I guess they just havent’t come around to fixing that yet (or this is actually intentional)...
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 05:09 PM   #65
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyb View Post
That is something that is also the case on my H2O since fw 3.19(?) so I guess they just havent’t come around to fixing that yet (or this is actually intentional)...
I've no issue with the light on the h2O. But then, I've installed the light patch.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 05:16 PM   #66
freekobo
Addict
freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
I've noticed in this firmware version using the slider buttons the brightness now is in 5% increments, and below 5% it goes down by 1% at a time like the fine brightness control patch.
freekobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 09:05 PM   #67
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by freekobo View Post
I've noticed in this firmware version using the slider buttons the brightness now is in 5% increments, and below 5% it goes down by 1% at a time like the fine brightness control patch.
Yes, that was one of the things I forgot and posted later.

But, it did remind me of something else. Adding "swipeBrightness=false" into the "Reading" section of the config file turns off the side-swipe light adjustment.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 10:40 PM   #68
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
But, it did remind me of something else. Adding "swipeBrightness=false" into the "Reading" section of the config file turns off the side-swipe light adjustment.
Does that work in this firmware version? It never seemed to have any effect on my Glo with earlier versions.
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 10:54 PM   #69
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffR View Post
Does that work in this firmware version? It never seemed to have any effect on my Glo with earlier versions.
Yes, it does. In fact, I reported a bug against the beta firmware because the side-swipe light adjustment didn't work on my Glo HD. Then sometime during the testing, I did a factory reset and it worked. Then I restored the saved config file and it stopped working. It was only then that I went looking for a cause.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 12:25 AM   #70
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Yes, it does. In fact, I reported a bug against the beta firmware because the side-swipe light adjustment didn't work on my Glo HD. Then sometime during the testing, I did a factory reset and it worked. Then I restored the saved config file and it stopped working. It was only then that I went looking for a cause.
Thanks, that is good news, it'll be nice to be able to disable that feature.
Old 09-04-2016, 04:24 AM   #71
anacreon
Guru
anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa, Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuntiWiddershins View Post
The french dictionary on my Kobo Aura - software version 3.19.5761 (12/29/15) -
is 7.1Mb, which is almost as large as the 7.5Mb english dictionary. It is fine.
It is the one I have on the 3.15.0, and it is ok for modern fiction, but I added the Littré (which you find on the dictionaries thread in this forum) for older book (I replaced the Portuguese dictionary).
anacreon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 05:16 AM   #72
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Will there be patches for this new firmware?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 05:33 AM   #73
oren64
I need a chapter break
oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The file libnickel.so.1.0.0 change and theres alot of code is missing, I didn't find any of my patchs, maybe GeoffR will have more luck.

Edit: most of the patchs are working the rest need editing by GeoffR (match address), but i suspect some the missing.

Last edited by oren64; 09-04-2016 at 07:09 AM.
oren64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 05:54 AM   #74
freekobo
Addict
freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
The most important patch is working on this firmware, Fix page breaks bug.
freekobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 06:54 AM   #75
GeoffR
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Will there be patches for this new firmware?
There have been a lot of changes to the firmware, I think most of the patches will still work but there will be some that don't. Also it has been a long time since the last firmware and I am out of practice, so it might take me a bit longer than usual.

it is probably best to start a thread in the developer's forum if you want to discuss it further.