Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 05-02-2023, 08:44 AM   #1
gunnm
Connoisseur
gunnm began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW(2018), Boyue T103D.
New remote page turner

Is like 2 syukuyu working at the same time. Now they are on preorder and I have a lot of questions but it looks nice.

Yeah I'm a very lazy person. We can move on on that matter
gunnm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2023, 10:56 AM   #2
gunnm
Connoisseur
gunnm began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW(2018), Boyue T103D.
Ok, now I have it. Is the same price as the syukuyu(which I don't have). It does his work but the design make it very limited to the newest kindles, only compatible with those that have the the same dimensions. The pins are not at the end like in the syukuyu so the device has to be well attached. If you want it to work in the oasis or the scribe you need to put something in between. The length of the arms are short so for thick bezels is not enough also it doesn't work in the recessed screens only in the flushed ones.

It also has a stick that connects the 2 page turners that is really annoying if you use the kindle with a stand, but the device is no that heavy to need the extra support. It didn't fall of my scribe and I think is the most slippery kindle. So basically is aimed to the newest kindles with flushed screen and thinner bezels, and maybe the scribe and the oasis if you are willing to do some minor adjustments, and it doesn't work or is really hard to work with cases, they have to be really thin.

The battery so far it last to me for 3 long books (300-400 page turns) and is still working. I was using only 1 because the other turner was pretty much useless with only 8 minutes before it goes on stand by. Now they increased the time to half hour, I guess only in the turn back part. You can change the order of the buttons in the remote.

So the only advantage it has over the syukuyu is that you get two page turners and one of the with a longer stand by for the same price. I like it but it's hard to recommend for the product to be so niche.
gunnm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert