Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 07-27-2016, 07:34 PM   #166
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
PM sent.
Old 07-29-2016, 06:06 PM   #167
rtiangha
Evangelist
rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
New owner here. May I have a copy as well? I think I corrupted my attempt to back up mine as I hadn't realized what the difference was between sleep and power off at the time before taking out the SD card (i.e. Didn't know you had to hold the button down longer) My image boots, but every time I run a disk check on the FAT32 partition, any disk check program crashes on both Windows and Linux. So I'm hoping working off a clean image might work better. Thanks!

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk
Advert
Old 07-29-2016, 07:38 PM   #168
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

PM sent. But...

Have you done a factory reset? That will reformat the user partition and might fix things.
Old 07-30-2016, 06:50 PM   #169
rtiangha
Evangelist
rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I tried, but disk checks on that FAT32 partition still crash no matter what OS I do it on. However, I re-imaged using your file and everything works fine now on that same SD card. So thank you so much!
Old 07-31-2016, 07:03 PM   #170
bzmike
bzmike began at the beginning.

Can anyone send me a link to a Kobo Glo SD Card image please? Mine is bricked too
Advert
Old 07-31-2016, 07:40 PM   #171
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

@bzmike: You posted Glo HD thread and have you device listed as a Glo HD, but seem to be asking for the Glo. I decided to go with the "2 out of 3" and sent a link for the Glo HD. If that was wrong, please tell me.
Old 08-01-2016, 07:35 AM   #172
bzmike
bzmike began at the beginning.

Thanks heaps!!! Yep I needed it for HD. Thanks!
Old 08-01-2016, 12:16 PM   #173
Arkees
Arkees began at the beginning.

Hey David,

It's great that you're sending out your image of the Kobo glo hd sd card. Unfortunately I need one too . My SD card was corrupted because I was a bit too hasty with unplugging the eReader from my pc. I have found another 8gb sd card, but I don't have the image of my old card because it's unreadable.

Could you please send me a copy?

Thanks in advance!
Old 08-01-2016, 07:25 PM   #174
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Old 08-06-2016, 08:19 AM   #175
rlaws01
rlaws01 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo glo hd
Smile kobo glo hd - image

was trying to install xcsoar - all okay until I received legpsbip today. I ran a usb file setup option and now kobo broken. (did not take a backup of SD)

I took back off kobo - have the sd in hand (gave it to my daughter to see if it worked) she formatted it. now it's really broken

will a image work.... I hope someone can supply me one with instructions
Old 08-06-2016, 08:44 AM   #176
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.

The image should work. For instruction, see Memory Upgrade Mod Guide. It is for the Glo but basic steps are the same.
Old 08-06-2016, 06:27 PM   #177
rlaws01
rlaws01 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo glo hd
fixed

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
PM sent.

The image should work. For instruction, see Memory Upgrade Mod Guide. It is for the Glo but basic steps are the same.

thanks - it worked - but on my surface pro 4 I had to use -- http://www.osforensics.com/tools/write-usb-images.html

thanks again
Old 08-07-2016, 09:34 AM   #178
cciegao
cciegao began at the beginning.

Device: kobo Glo HD
Hey David,

Could you please send me your image of the Kobo glo hd sd card. I need to fix my glo HD.

thanks
Old 08-07-2016, 10:13 AM   #179
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent. And it's polite to give someone a chance to respond before posting/PMing a second time.
Old 08-08-2016, 09:18 AM   #180
leungleungleung
leungleungleung began at the beginning.

Device: kobo
Hi David,

Can you also PM me for the SD Image of Kobo Glo HD, many thanks for your help :-D

Thank You!!!
Closed Thread