Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Development

Notices

Old 02-12-2016, 05:22 PM   #1
foobert5
foobert5 began at the beginning.

Device: none
creating an output (export) plugin

i want to create an output plugin for calibre, which creates individual text files of the books in a library, and places these textfiles alongside the cover images to a specified folder.
are there plugins with such fumctionality existing already, ehich i could fork and extend?

thanks!
foobert5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 06:21 PM   #2
dickloraine
Guru
dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 350, Kobo Aura
I don't know if I understand exactly whar you want to do, but it seems to me, that standard calibre can do what you want.

If you mean with text files, that you convert the books to txt, calibre can do that. You then could just use save to disk. You can save the cover and the metadata file too.

If you mean just the infos about books, that is in calibre. Maybe it is possible to just export these, otherwise copy the library and then delete all formats from the new library.

If you just want to catalog your books, calibre has that feature as well.
dickloraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert