Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Editor

Notices

Old 09-23-2014, 05:36 AM   #1
Divingduck
Wizard
Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650
Saved Searches Window

Hi Kovid,
A feature request. Is it possible to make the window Saved searches dockable? If you use this tool often with the editor, it will be a benefit.
At least for me, I guess
Divingduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 06:22 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
That's actually on my to do list, but it's a bit more work than it seems, for technical reasons, so I'll get around to it sometime.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-23-2014, 10:54 AM   #3
Divingduck
Wizard
Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Great, good to know that it will come somewhen
Old 09-26-2014, 08:40 AM   #4
Divingduck
Wizard

What a surprise. Thanks a lot
Old 09-28-2014, 12:29 AM   #5
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Fixed:

https://github.com/kovidgoyal/calibr...87f27f02aff9fb
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-06-2014, 09:59 PM   #6
nqk
Fanatic
nqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Onyx Boox Leaf
I would like to request
1) Remember "All text files" rather than "Current file" if "All text files" was selected from the last action
2) An option for "automatically beautify after search"

Thank you very much
nqk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 11:58 PM   #7
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

1) Whatever setting you chooses remains until you restart the editor. Are you asking for it to be remembered between editor sessions?

2) Not something I am interested in implementing.
Old 10-07-2014, 04:28 AM   #8
nqk
Fanatic
nqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Onyx Boox Leaf
Dear @kovidgoyal,

Thank you for your response.

1) After editing one book, it returns to "Current File" when I choose to edit another book from Calibre.

2) That would be quite convenient if you do a series of Saved Searches. For example there are quite a lot of paragraph splitting errors after converting from PDF or from scanning, so I often do the search for </p> <p class="text">(\p{Ll}) and have it replaced with \1. But that S&R only works well after the file has been beautified. Maybe I would try </p>\s+<p class="text">(\p{Ll})

Last edited by nqk; 10-07-2014 at 04:30 AM.
nqk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 12:38 PM   #9
MerlinMama
Evangelist
MerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Kobo Sage
I, personally, use my saved searches when editing a new book, so I want it/them applied to 'All Files'. It's a little annoying (just for me!!) to have to remember to change it to 'All Files' from 'Current File'. Regular searches used to keep previous settings between sessions, so I developed that habit, which is proving difficult to break.

I'd love if it could change from 'Marked Text' back to 'All Files' when you unmark the marked text, but I do understand how that will remain as wishful thinking LOL
MerlinMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 09:50 PM   #10
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Add me to the people who would like to have the search scope remembered across editing settings for the saved searches window. I usually use it in "All text files" mode, so have to change it each time I open a new book.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 11:21 PM   #11
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

https://github.com/kovidgoyal/calibr...d284f60023ce10