Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 03-14-2011, 12:05 AM   #1
SonDan1
Connoisseur
SonDan1 knows what time it isSonDan1 knows what time it isSonDan1 knows what time it isSonDan1 knows what time it isSonDan1 knows what time it isSonDan1 knows what time it isSonDan1 knows what time it isSonDan1 knows what time it isSonDan1 knows what time it isSonDan1 knows what time it isSonDan1 knows what time it is

Device: Nook 1, Aluratek Libre Pro,Kobo Wi-Fi, Samsung Galaxy Tab, KoboT, NST
Need Help Please Using Nook App on my Samsung Tab

I love my Nook and Libre dedicated e-readers. But the Samsung Galaxy Tab has been monopolizing my time of late. Since I was getting behind in my reading I decided to try out the Nook App on the SGT and it was awesome reading a L.Ron Hubbard pulp fiction book in one sitting.

But I had just one issue. Certain words were underlined with a blue link and I could click on them to bring up the dictionary definition. That was awesome and unexpected! But I couldn't figure out what key to hit to take me back to the page I was reading. I kept sending myself back to the beginning of the book.

Does anyone know the correct key sequence and/or where I might find instructions for the app? So far I haven't gotten an answer on the Official Nook forum so I thought I would check it out here.

Thanks for reading.
SonDan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 01:26 PM   #2
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
I have the same issue with various readers, Nook4A, K4A, Aldiko, FBReader. I've stopped following embedded links because I can never figure out how to get back to my place.

In FBReader (I think) there is a GOTO option to go to the farthest read, but if the link points to the end of the book, which it usually does, then the farthest read option is useless.
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-23-2011, 11:18 PM   #3
SonDan1
Connoisseur
SonDan1 knows what time it isSonDan1 knows what time it isSonDan1 knows what time it isSonDan1 knows what time it isSonDan1 knows what time it isSonDan1 knows what time it isSonDan1 knows what time it isSonDan1 knows what time it isSonDan1 knows what time it isSonDan1 knows what time it isSonDan1 knows what time it is

Device: Nook 1, Aluratek Libre Pro,Kobo Wi-Fi, Samsung Galaxy Tab, KoboT, NST
Thanks for replying wodin. I guess I will just do the same as you and not click on any links any more. But if I eventually figure out what to do I will post here. I am sure we aren't the only two to ever experience this.
SonDan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 02:56 PM   #4
VicLavigne
e-reading since 2008
VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!

Device: Nook STR, Sony PRS-T1
I don't have the Samsung Tab, but I do have the Nook app on my android tab. If I click-hold on a word and go into the dictionary, to return to the book all I have to do is touch my back-arrow. Not sure if this will work for you.

Vic
VicLavigne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 03:13 PM   #5
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
Yes, that's how it works on the SGT too, what SonDan1 was talking about is clicking on an embedded link; it might point to a glossary or index or a list of characters, or sometimes a dictionary. The issue is that usually these links don't have a return link (sometimes they do, but usually not), and unless you noted your page number before following them it's hard to find your place again.
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert