Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-15-2018, 03:01 PM   #1171
radius
Lector minore
radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura One, Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e, Google Pixel Slate
I was wondering if there is a way to tell KCC where to find kindlegen?

I am on a Mac, and tried to create .mobi version for the first time. I have kindlegen installed and in my path, but when I attempt to do the conversion, I get the following message:

Cannot find KindleGen! MOBI conversion is unavailable!
Install it using Brew.

My problem is I am already using MacPorts and don't want to install Brew along side. I have kindlegen downloaded straight from Amazon instead.

I should note that the path I am talking about is from my .profile (ie: read by the shell) and not ~/.MacOSX/environment.plist. I am launching KCC by doing:

open XXX.cbz

Any workaround I can do? Thanks!
radius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 05:59 PM   #1172
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author
AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
Just drop kindlegen binary to /usr/local/bin
AcidWeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 12:03 PM   #1173
radius
Lector minore
radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura One, Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e, Google Pixel Slate
Great, thanks!
radius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 11:05 PM   #1174
JumbocactuarX27
JumbocactuarX27 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
I'm trying to compile from source on Windows 7 so I can make a small title related change to my converted kindle files (instead of the title volume suffix to be " V04" I want " Vol. 04" for example). Running python 3.7, installed pyinstaller via pip, when I run setup.py there are no errors but my exe comes out to 6.15MB instead of the 25.9MB of the binary I downloaded that works. Seems like I'm missing something dumb. Any suggestions?

Edit to add: In case it wasn't obvious from my question, the 6.15MB exe does not run properly. It crashes immediately and I get a windows dialog offering me consolation and a few useless crash files in my temp directory.

Edit 2: Just noticed the warnKCC.txt file in the build folder with a lot of missing modules. Do I have to go install all of these things somewhere???
Spoiler:
Quote:
missing module named 'multiprocessing.forking' - imported by c:\users\michael\appdata\local\programs\python\pyt hon37-32\lib\site-packages\PyInstaller\loader\rthooks\pyi_rth_multip rocessing.py
missing module named multiprocessing.get_context - imported by multiprocessing, multiprocessing.pool, multiprocessing.managers, multiprocessing.sharedctypes
missing module named multiprocessing.TimeoutError - imported by multiprocessing, multiprocessing.pool
missing module named multiprocessing.BufferTooShort - imported by multiprocessing, multiprocessing.connection
missing module named multiprocessing.AuthenticationError - imported by multiprocessing, multiprocessing.connection
missing module named multiprocessing.set_start_method - imported by multiprocessing, multiprocessing.spawn
missing module named multiprocessing.get_start_method - imported by multiprocessing, multiprocessing.spawn
missing module named resource - imported by posix, C:\Users\Michael\Desktop\kcc-master\kcc.py
missing module named posix - imported by os, C:\Users\Michael\Desktop\kcc-master\kcc.py
missing module named _posixsubprocess - imported by subprocess, multiprocessing.util, C:\Users\Michael\Desktop\kcc-master\kcc.py
missing module named org - imported by pickle, C:\Users\Michael\Desktop\kcc-master\kcc.py
missing module named readline - imported by cmd, code, pdb, C:\Users\Michael\Desktop\kcc-master\kcc.py
excluded module named _frozen_importlib - imported by importlib, importlib.abc, C:\Users\Michael\Desktop\kcc-master\kcc.py
missing module named _frozen_importlib_external - imported by importlib._bootstrap, importlib, importlib.abc, C:\Users\Michael\Desktop\kcc-master\kcc.py
missing module named _winreg - imported by platform, C:\Users\Michael\Desktop\kcc-master\kcc.py
missing module named _scproxy - imported by urllib.request
missing module named java - imported by platform, C:\Users\Michael\Desktop\kcc-master\kcc.py
missing module named 'java.lang' - imported by platform, xml.sax._exceptions, C:\Users\Michael\Desktop\kcc-master\kcc.py
missing module named vms_lib - imported by platform, C:\Users\Michael\Desktop\kcc-master\kcc.py
missing module named termios - imported by tty, getpass, C:\Users\Michael\Desktop\kcc-master\kcc.py
missing module named grp - imported by shutil, tarfile, C:\Users\Michael\Desktop\kcc-master\kcc.py
missing module named pwd - imported by posixpath, shutil, tarfile, http.server, webbrowser, netrc, getpass, C:\Users\Michael\Desktop\kcc-master\kcc.py
missing module named 'org.python' - imported by copy, xml.sax, C:\Users\Michael\Desktop\kcc-master\kcc.py
missing module named PyQt5 - imported by kindlecomicconverter.shared, kindlecomicconverter.KCC_gui, kindlecomicconverter.comic2ebook, kindlecomicconverter.comic2panel, kindlecomicconverter.KCC_ui, kindlecomicconverter.KCC_rc, kindlecomicconverter.KCC_ui_editor
missing module named PIL - imported by kindlecomicconverter.shared, kindlecomicconverter.comic2ebook, kindlecomicconverter.comic2panel, kindlecomicconverter.image
missing module named multiprocessing.Pool - imported by multiprocessing, kindlecomicconverter.comic2ebook, kindlecomicconverter.comic2panel
missing module named sha - imported by kindlecomicconverter.rarfile
missing module named Crypto - imported by kindlecomicconverter.rarfile
missing module named psutil - imported by kindlecomicconverter.shared, kindlecomicconverter.KCC_gui, kindlecomicconverter.comic2ebook, kindlecomicconverter.cbxarchive, kindlecomicconverter.metadata, kindlecomicconverter.kindle
missing module named slugify - imported by kindlecomicconverter.shared, kindlecomicconverter.comic2ebook
missing module named _uuid - imported by uuid
missing module named raven - imported by kindlecomicconverter.shared, kindlecomicconverter.KCC_gui
missing module named multiprocessing.freeze_support - imported by multiprocessing, C:\Users\Michael\Desktop\kcc-master\kcc.py
missing module named 'kindlecomicconverter.sentry' - imported by C:\Users\Michael\Desktop\kcc-master\kcc.py

Last edited by JumbocactuarX27; 06-28-2018 at 11:17 PM.
JumbocactuarX27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 11:10 AM   #1175
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author
AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Building working EXE is beyond black magic. I don't even try to debug it for you. Not sure if current version of PyInstaller can do it correctly. Also not tested Python 3.7 yet.
Old 06-29-2018, 08:03 PM   #1176
JumbocactuarX27

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidWeb View Post
Building working EXE is beyond black magic. I don't even try to debug it for you. Not sure if current version of PyInstaller can do it correctly. Also not tested Python 3.7 yet.
Totally fair. Can you advise me on what versions of python and pyinstaller you use to build the exe then?
Old 06-30-2018, 07:28 AM   #1177
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author

Last build was using AppVeyor, Python 3.6 and PyInstaller fork - https://github.com/bjones1/pyinstall.../pyqt5_fix.zip.
Old 07-01-2018, 03:35 PM   #1178
JumbocactuarX27

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidWeb View Post
Last build was using AppVeyor, Python 3.6 and PyInstaller fork - https://github.com/bjones1/pyinstall.../pyqt5_fix.zip.
This helped a lot! Managed to get it compiling. Thanks for the help and the great software!
Old 07-02-2018, 05:04 AM   #1179
Djynn
Djynn began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PaperWhite 3
Hello everyone,

I recently downloaded some mangas, and I want to convert them to .mobi files. However, after examining the .cbz files, it appears that all of the images are in .webp file type, a type that doesn't appear to be supported by KCC. Any tip ?

Thanks in advance !
Djynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 12:23 PM   #1180
pmr_
pmr_ began at the beginning.

Device: iPad Pro 9.7
I am using an iPad Pro 9.7 and an iPhone 7 as ebook/comic readers. Since the sync functionality with ibooks is pretty useful, I don't want to miss that.

So I tried to convert some .cbz files to .epub files. It worked - but every file is cropped in my iBooks app. On the lower edge I am missing like 1cm of every picture.
I am sure it has something to do with the aspect ratio. When I try to upscale the pictures it will just upscale the height, but not the width. The width will stay on the same ratio as the source file. It's because your software will not fill any margins if I try to convert to epub. When I tried to convert cbz->cbz everything worked as expected.

What am I missing?
pmr_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 03:34 PM   #1181
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author

@Djynn - Currently I can only suggest to convert images inside to PNG format. Next release should support WebP.

@pmr_ - Upscale option will never break image aspect ratio. Stretch should force to use more screen. Additionally I'm quite sure that iPad/iPhone have some proper app to read comics/manga without any conversion and using KCC might be a waste of time.
Old 07-03-2018, 05:21 PM   #1182
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmr_ View Post
I am using an iPad Pro 9.7 and an iPhone 7 as ebook/comic readers. Since the sync functionality with ibooks is pretty useful, I don't want to miss that.
If it's just sync, I use ComicGlass (since 2011) for reading CBZ/CBR/CB7 files natively. Hadn't realized until recently but it has added a feature to sync bookmarks via iCloud and I find it works quite seamlessly.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 02:23 AM   #1183
Djynn
Djynn began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PaperWhite 3
OK, I'll try that ! It's quite complicated to convert the whole directory at once, but I'll see if I can find something. Thanks for the answer, and the life saver software ! Any idea when the next release should be published ?

EDIT: For anyone having the same problem, after a few days I discovered XnConvert, which is amazing ! I highly recommend it, it is very simple to use and can convert entire batches of images, it really makes life easier.

Last edited by Djynn; 07-09-2018 at 07:14 PM.
Djynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 06:16 PM   #1184
Nausicaa
Connoisseur
Nausicaa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nausicaa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nausicaa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nausicaa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nausicaa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nausicaa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nausicaa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nausicaa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nausicaa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nausicaa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nausicaa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Something else that is very easy for the new kindles is for you to make a zip of the pictures that you are wanting to see as a comic. Works perfectly for me, no converting.
Nausicaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 07:19 PM   #1185
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nausicaa View Post
Something else that is very easy for the new kindles is for you to make a zip of the pictures that you are wanting to see as a comic. Works perfectly for me, no converting.
Only if you jailbreak. Personally, not a fan of KOReader for manga. Image renderer isn't as good as native Kindle. I'd get plenty of boxy artifacts and whitish areas areas are rendered as gray.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
k5 tools, kcc, kindle tools