Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 02-27-2021, 06:40 PM   #1
Tuneraider
Connoisseur
Tuneraider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tuneraider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tuneraider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tuneraider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tuneraider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tuneraider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tuneraider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tuneraider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tuneraider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tuneraider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tuneraider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo, Kindle, Tolino, Nook
Nook software update, 53.0.36 & 53.0.66

53.0.36 update for the latest Glowlight+
53.0.66 for Glowlight 3 & earlier Glowlight+
I think the numbers are correct.
Tuneraider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2021, 07:22 PM   #2
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Thanks for letting us know.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 02:10 AM   #3
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuneraider View Post
I upgraded my Glowlight 3 and Glowlight Plus (2015, 6" edition). The upgrade was supposed to help with PDFs somehow and provide general bug fixes. What's odd is that my version numbers are different.

Glowlight 3 — App Version 53.0.67 / 5.3.2.36
Shop Version v5.3.2046
Readouts Version N/A (?)
Storage 6.35 GB

Glowlight + — App Version 53.0.69 / 5.3.2.36
Shop Version v5.0.271
Readouts Version 5.0.1.4
Storage 2.81 GB

For what it's worth. I don't know why there's no Readouts Version for the Glowlight 3. Don't even know what it refers to.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 02:49 AM   #4
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

What I'm seeing now wen I open my Glowlight 3. Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't remember seeing the Android folder before. Also the Glowlight 3 is ejected, rather than unmounted (and there's nothing about Internal Memory). The Glowlight +, on the other hand, is still "unmounted" rather than ejected and you still access it through internal memory? (Maybe these differences always existed and I just didn't notice?)

I can also access the Adobe Adept xml files?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	new?.png
Views:	420
Size:	62.7 KB
ID:	185666   Click image for larger version

Name:	new2.png
Views:	414
Size:	90.3 KB
ID:	185667  

Last edited by rcentros; 02-28-2021 at 02:52 AM.
Old 03-24-2021, 12:26 PM   #5
Strether
Guru
Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1; iPad Air; iPhone 7; Kobo Libra; Kindle Oasis 3
I recently bought a Glowlight Plus from a guy on eBay who was selling a lot of them at a reduced price. I'd guess these are probably returns for one reason or another.

Mine creaks a bit if you squeeze the side bezels, but otherwise seems OK.

I'm still learning my way around the reader, but am pleased to note that there are no problems so far with sideloaded content, including the ability to organize this content into shelves. Maybe this latest software release is responsible?

Tried to find out if there was a limitation on the number of shelves you could create, but don't find anything on that. Only that the number of books you could put on a shelf was 100.

Am enjoying the reading experience so far.

Jim
Strether is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2021, 09:34 PM   #6
rcentros
eReader Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strether View Post
I'm still learning my way around the reader, but am pleased to note that there are no problems so far with sideloaded content, including the ability to organize this content into shelves. Maybe this latest software release is responsible?
I haven't any trouble creating shelves and loading books with my Glowlight 3 or Plus (2015, 6" version). But I don't store a lot of books on the Nooks, so that may be why.

Very nice screens.
Old 03-25-2021, 10:36 PM   #7
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuneraider View Post
Thanks man. Both my Nooks are downloading the updates.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2021, 04:13 AM   #8
rhyta
Enthusiast
rhyta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhyta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhyta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhyta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhyta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhyta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhyta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhyta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhyta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhyta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhyta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ST Nook w/Glowlight (2)
I have Nook Simple Touch with Glowlight. As far as I know only the Simple Touch is no longer supported. I have 1.2.2 as the last update. Wondering whether I should turn on the update or no? Any suggestions?
rhyta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2021, 08:24 PM   #9
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhyta View Post
I have Nook Simple Touch with Glowlight. As far as I know only the Simple Touch is no longer supported. I have 1.2.2 as the last update. Wondering whether I should turn on the update or no? Any suggestions?
I still have a Nook Simple Touch with Glowlight, but never connect it to WiFi any longer.

I do not believe it will get the 53.0.xx update. I'm pretty sure 1.2.2 is as far as the Simple Touch (Glowlight or no) goes.

NOOK Simple Touch/Simple Touch with GlowLight - Software Updates

By the way, treasure yours. Finding a Simple Touch with Glowlight that doesn't have scratches on the screen is tough and they are expensive.

I have one that is perfect and one that has a few scratches.

Last edited by ZodWallop; 09-26-2021 at 08:28 PM.
Old 09-27-2021, 03:06 AM   #10
rhyta
Enthusiast
rhyta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhyta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhyta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhyta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhyta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhyta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhyta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhyta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhyta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhyta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhyta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks, I figured the newer update probably wasn't compatible with these Nooks. I do love them, and why I am trying to hold on and use them as long as I can. I have a couple with little chips in the screen and one pristine one, got several off ebay a few years back.

I was able to buy a couple of books from B&N in June and load them just fine so maybe I can hang on to them for a while longer. Last update was 2018.

Last edited by rhyta; 09-27-2021 at 03:09 AM.
Old 09-28-2021, 12:37 PM   #11
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhyta View Post
Thanks, I figured the newer update probably wasn't compatible with these Nooks. I do love them, and why I am trying to hold on and use them as long as I can. I have a couple with little chips in the screen and one pristine one, got several off ebay a few years back.

I was able to buy a couple of books from B&N in June and load them just fine so maybe I can hang on to them for a while longer. Last update was 2018.
I sideload all of my books using Calibre.
Old 09-28-2021, 01:09 PM   #12
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
Same. B&N don't even sell their ebooks to me.

(And they don't sell Nooks to me either, but I got mine from a 3rd party store and was able to register it just fine.)
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2021, 04:02 AM   #13
rhyta
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
I have most of them backed up on Calibre but haven't been able to get it to work lately. Been checking the forums here on where to ask my question but haven't found it. I have version 3.40.1 from 2019, so I have some work to do.