Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 06-21-2018, 06:34 AM   #1
-sandro-
-sandro- began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo H2O 2nd edition
creaking, is it normal?

Hello,
I just received my new Kobo H2O 2nd edition.
I was wondering, before asking for a replacement, if a little bit of creaking sounds is normal when you use it and pinch it, especially at the bottom part.
Just to be clear, it's nothing that serious, it's a personal worry that it could eventually get worse in the future cause it doesn't sound so sturdy as it was described in reviews. Maybe a I got a semi defective copy. I previously owned a last generation kindle (plain version) and it was really sturdy, no movements or sounds whatsoever.

Do your H2Os creak?

Thanks
-sandro- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 09:33 AM   #2
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
My H2O mk1 is sturdy and doesn't creak. I did buy a cheap sleep cover on Amazon, simply to protect the screen.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-21-2018, 10:54 AM   #3
-sandro-

Thanks, I don't think the old version can compare being a different model.
Old 06-21-2018, 01:01 PM   #4
JohhnyMix
Connoisseur
JohhnyMix began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo H2O V2
i got the h2o v2 and i dont hear anything
JohhnyMix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 03:01 PM   #5
-sandro-

What if you press it on the sides or press the the rubbed back with your hand, doesn't it make sounds like if there's empty space? That kind of toyish plasticy sound.
Advert
Old 06-23-2018, 06:31 PM   #6
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
My Aura Edition 2 also does this, and has been doing it for the last few months.
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 07:04 PM   #7
Elaxon
Zealot
Elaxon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elaxon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elaxon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elaxon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elaxon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elaxon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elaxon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elaxon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elaxon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elaxon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elaxon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H20 Aura
My aura H20 first edition does this but I think it is cause I removed and added my sleep cover so many times there is a small gap.
Elaxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 09:18 PM   #8
JasperBeardly
Enthusiast
JasperBeardly is a marvel to beholdJasperBeardly is a marvel to beholdJasperBeardly is a marvel to beholdJasperBeardly is a marvel to beholdJasperBeardly is a marvel to beholdJasperBeardly is a marvel to beholdJasperBeardly is a marvel to beholdJasperBeardly is a marvel to beholdJasperBeardly is a marvel to beholdJasperBeardly is a marvel to beholdJasperBeardly is a marvel to behold

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Mine has been doing this since I bought it last year. Sometime I absent mindedly squeeze it while I read. I have to squeeze at the edges, it feels like the two haves don’t fit together very well.
JasperBeardly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 03:43 AM   #9
surt
surt began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H20 Edition 2
I've just replaced mine and both it and the original creaked out of the box when handling.
surt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 06:15 AM   #10
-sandro-

Quote:
Originally Posted by surt View Post
I've just replaced mine and both it and the original creaked out of the box when handling.
Thanks! Not sure if that's the norm or we are all unlucky. Somebody said they don't hear anything...
Old 06-27-2018, 03:51 PM   #11
JohhnyMix
Connoisseur
JohhnyMix began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo H2O V2
yup, i said that mine doesn't make any sound.... it does make those sounds when i apply extreme force on the back but so does many other hardware device... when i press with normal force i dont hear anything.
JohhnyMix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 07:01 AM   #12
npr
Zealot
npr can name that ebook in five wordsnpr can name that ebook in five wordsnpr can name that ebook in five wordsnpr can name that ebook in five wordsnpr can name that ebook in five wordsnpr can name that ebook in five wordsnpr can name that ebook in five wordsnpr can name that ebook in five wordsnpr can name that ebook in five wordsnpr can name that ebook in five wordsnpr can name that ebook in five words

Device: Kobo Glo, Aura, H2OE2, Libra 2
My H2O E2 is squeak free. In fact it feels very solid around the edge, much more so than the old Glo.
npr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 06:02 PM   #13
-sandro-

Mine is a squeak fest held at the bottom part... and of course the store who was supposed to replace it disappered and doesn't answer my emails anymore...
Old 07-03-2018, 01:47 PM   #14
-sandro-

I returned mine for a replacement... I'll let you know.
Old 09-20-2018, 10:57 AM   #15
katanel
katanel began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo H20 edition 2
mine also do this sound if I press it with force at the bottom.
Kindle Paperwhite on the other hands...no sound!
katanel is offline   Reply With Quote