Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-06-2018, 06:31 PM   #1
Quadrivium
Quadrivium began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire
Question download metadata changes author to FN LN

Help wanted.
I use 'Quality Check' to change author to LN, FN. Then i when use Download metadata it changes it back to LN FN. I used to be able to use Download metadata and have it return LN, FN. How do I get download to return LN, FN?
Quadrivium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 09:32 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Download metadata returns data in whatever format the download source has it. I suggest you run quality check after downloading rather than before.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-06-2018, 11:54 PM   #3
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadrivium View Post
Help wanted.
I use 'Quality Check' to change author to LN, FN. Then i when use Download metadata it changes it back to LN FN. I used to be able to use Download metadata and have it return LN, FN. How do I get download to return LN, FN?
Personally I set my author information as I wish before doing a metadata download, but I turnoff the download of author information in the metadata download configuration so when I download metadata it never replaces my author information.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 02:28 PM   #4
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadrivium View Post
Help wanted.
You might want to turn off authors in the metadata download configuration. Generally, I have both authors and title turned off. See attached image for the configuration.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Metadata_configuration.png
Views:	89
Size:	48.1 KB
ID:	163872  
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
download metadata, ln< fn