Notices

Old 04-11-2018, 12:30 PM   #1
shayaknyc
Enthusiast
shayaknyc began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura
Question Intermediate CA Cert for Calibre Server

Hi,

I've been a LONG time user of calibre and I absolutely love it! Thanks @kovidgoyal for all your hard work on this - I cannot imagine what my life was like before Calibre!

Anyway, I was ecstatic when I saw the updates to the calibre server supporting SSL! I've been using LetsEncrypt certs for a while now and I'm already hosting other network-accessible services on my desktop for personal use and have been able to implement the LE certs (I get 3 files: CA cert, server cert, and the private key), so I was able to load the same private key and server cert for use in Calibre.

Chrome browsers across all platforms don't complain (but I do get strange errors on Chrome in iOS, but doesn't really impact functionality, so I ignore it) and all the other browsers seem to be fine with it, however, I AM trying to use Moon+ Reader and in the past, it didn't have an issue loading up [url]/opds since it loaded just fine over http, but now that I'm forcing all loads over https the app complains since there doesn't seem to be a way for me to implement the Intermediate/CA Cert in the calibre server preferences interface - there only appears to be an option to add the server cert and the private key since I'm assuming the intention was to only use self-signed certs. I even tried bundling the CA cert inside the same file as the server cert, but that didn't seem to fix the problem either, as if the content server just ignored the intermediate signing cert stuff.

Is there any way to also implement the CA/Intermediate cert into the content server? I would love to have the app interface directly with calibre - for now, I just load it over web and then download the file into my Moon+ scanning folder.
shayaknyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 12:36 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
IIRC you just concatenate the two into one file and use that as the certificate.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-11-2018, 12:42 PM   #3
shayaknyc
Enthusiast
shayaknyc began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
IIRC you just concatenate the two into one file and use that as the certificate.
Wow! Thanks for such a quick reply! So, I tried that once before and I got a weird private key mismatch error....I just tried it again, but made sure the server cert was first, and then the signing cert second and it TOTALLY WORKED!

THANK YOU!!!!

shayaknyc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ca certificate, content server, intermediate certificate, ssl certificate