Notices

Old 03-23-2017, 03:57 AM   #1
Olivier_Rebiere
Olivier_Rebiere began at the beginning.

Device: any e-reader or smartphone
Talking images import "bulk confirmation" feature request

Hi,

I would like to request a feature on a Sigil future release:

When we import dozens of (already existing) images into an epub, would it be possible to have a "Yes / OK to all" checkbox in order to avoid clicking "OK" to the "OK to replace?" question dozens of time (for each and every image)?

We have published epubs with lots of images and sometimes need to optimize many of them (already present in the epub) and it is really time-and-nerves-consuming .

Merci beaucoup if it is possible :-)

Kind regards,
Olivier Rebiere
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	OKtoReplace.PNG
Views:	261
Size:	7.1 KB
ID:	155794  
Olivier_Rebiere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 04:49 AM   #2
JustinThought
Groupie
JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Tab-3 7"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olivier_Rebiere View Post
Hi,

I would like to request a feature on a Sigil future release:

When we import dozens of (already existing) images into an epub, would it be possible to have a "Yes / OK to all" checkbox in order to avoid clicking "OK" to the "OK to replace?" question dozens of time (for each and every image)?

We have published epubs with lots of images and sometimes need to optimize many of them (already present in the epub) and it is really time-and-nerves-consuming .

Merci beaucoup if it is possible :-)

Kind regards,
Olivier Rebiere
What if you were to delete the existing images prior to importing the new ones?
JustinThought is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 07:31 AM   #3
Olivier_Rebiere

Hi JustinThought,

and thank you for the suggestion :-) The problem is that names and formats of images do not allow to do this easily within Sigil, when we import dozens of them (icons, png, gifs, etc.).

Handling bulk of images is quite OK "outside" Sigil but not "inside".
That is why I thought that this feature would be useful, I guess.

Merci!
Olivier Rebière
Old 03-23-2017, 07:56 AM   #4
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
It's not a ridiculous idea or anything. It's just that it would take a bit of an overhaul to accomplish. And in all honesty, the number of people mass importing images that may already exist into an epub can't be very large.

It might be possible to achieve what you desire with an Edit Plugin, though. Something that kept track of the existing image filenames and then added the selected image files, (silently deleting/re-adding the ones that already exist). At least I think it should be possible. I'll have to take a look (unless someone else does first).
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 08:42 AM   #5
Olivier_Rebiere

Hi Grand Sorcerer DiapDealer :-)

I can easily guess that coding this would be quite difficult.

Anyway, providing epub with images is - for us - a challenge, as we would like to make it easy for people in remote areas to access useful knowledge without an internet connection in a stable and reliable format: epub. Not any fancy "web app". A virtual book, handy and steady.

By the way, I would like to address my deep respect and profound admiration to the teams creating and developing "Sigil", an incredible open-source software.

Merci,

Olivier Rebière

Tags
feature request, image, import, sigil, yes to all