Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 01-29-2017, 12:37 AM   #136
Avice
Zealot
Avice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Free at Kindle & Kobo:
The Rest Falls Away (The Gardella Vampire Hunters #1) — Colleen Gleason

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00NMVLLMA
https://www.kobo.com/us/en/ebook/the-rest-falls-away-4/

(Signet, 2007)
Avice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 11:36 AM   #137
Avice
Zealot
Avice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
$2.99 at Kindle
Victoria Dahl — A Little Bit Wild
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B003IYI7K0
(Zebra, 2010)
Avice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 06:31 PM   #138
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
Weekly Report:

Read:
  • Escape from Zulaire (Sectors #2) by Veronica Scott (B/4 stars)
  • Accidentally on Purpose (Heartbreaker Bay #3) by Jill Shalvis (A/5 stars)
  • Countdown to Zero Hour (Black Ops: Automatik #1) by Nico Rosso (B/4 stars)
  • Power Game (GhostWalkers #13) by Christine Feehan (C+/3 stars)
  • Falling for the New Guy (Bluff City #3) by Nicole Helm (B+/4 stars)
  • Mission to Mahjundar by (Sectors #3) by Veronica Scott (B/4 stars)

Purchased:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	books 1-29.JPG
Views:	226
Size:	34.8 KB
ID:	154602  

Last edited by library addict; 08-23-2020 at 10:04 PM. Reason: adjust grade for PG
library addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 06:52 PM   #139
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Quote:
Originally Posted by library addict View Post
Weekly Report:

Accidentally on Purpose (Heartbreaker Bay #3) by Jill Shalvis (A/5 stars)
Is there anything particular you can share about why you gave this such a high grade? I read the description and have to admit, I generally have difficulties with books that describe the heroine as someone addicted on shoes. I got the book from the library without reading the description, but once I did, it cooled my interest in the book, I'm afraid.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 07:50 PM   #140
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FizzyWater View Post
Is there anything particular you can share about why you gave this such a high grade? I read the description and have to admit, I generally have difficulties with books that describe the heroine as someone addicted on shoes. I got the book from the library without reading the description, but once I did, it cooled my interest in the book, I'm afraid.
Have you read any of the other books in this series? The heroine is always described as looking professional and 100% "put together."

There are reasons for this, which we finally learn in this book. I suppose she is addicted to buying shoes, but that's mentioned only a few times in the book. It was not a focus.

The chemistry between the h/h was evident from the first book in the series. We know from those books they knew each other from before she became the building manager, but how they knew each other was somewhat of a surprise. There was a lot of push-pull with each having made false assumptions about the other’s motives. This set up a lovely dichotomy with them knowing each other very well, yet still discovering new things and surprising each other, all melded together with a lot of humor. There was a moment toward the end that felt forced and I wasn't a fan of the subplot with the heroine's sister, but otherwise all of the elements of the book gelled for me. Shalvis' humor doesn't always work for me, but it did here.
Old 01-29-2017, 07:55 PM   #141
ScalyFreak
Sith Wannabe
ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 4, Kobo Aura H2O, Kindle Fire HD, Aluratek Libre
Free on Amazon US and Kobo:

Tapping the Billionaire, by Max Monroe. This book is much better than the title implies. It's absolutely hilarious in places, and the characters are realistic and not overly emotional morons. Overall, a very enjoyable read.

Spoiler:
Blind dates? Online dating profiles? Been there, done that.

Georgia Cummings has zero luck with dating, and the era of the internet is not her friend.
No matter how fast she runs, how many corners she turns, she can’t find her way out of this weird, alternate universe where men think dick pics are a replacement for small talk and getting to know a girl. One more crotch selfie and she might write men off for good…

But why can’t she stop fantasizing about him?

Kline Brooks is the quintessential billionaire bad boy—dark, styled, short hair, muscles for days, and a panty-dropping smile.
Except—he isn’t.

As his employee, he won’t touch her with a ten foot pole.
But she won’t touch him either.

Too bad their hormones missed the memo.

Amazon link

Kobo link
ScalyFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 10:22 PM   #142
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Quote:
Originally Posted by library addict View Post
The chemistry between the h/h was evident from the first book in the series. We know from those books they knew each other from before she became the building manager, but how they knew each other was somewhat of a surprise. There was a lot of push-pull with each having made false assumptions about the other’s motives. This set up a lovely dichotomy with them knowing each other very well, yet still discovering new things and surprising each other, all melded together with a lot of humor. There was a moment toward the end that felt forced and I wasn't a fan of the subplot with the heroine's sister, but otherwise all of the elements of the book gelled for me. Shalvis' humor doesn't always work for me, but it did here.
Thanks! I've been collecting the books, but haven't been in a contemporary romance mood for the most part, other than various series that concern dog shelters or training. I really enjoyed Shalvis' Animal Magnatism series (which is what got me started looking for more like it). And she was always one of my favorite authors when I was reading lots of category romance.

So when I was able to get first in line for this one at the library, I signed up, but I'm still not in a contemporary mood. I've been trying to psych myself into it, which is why I asked about your grade.

Thanks, again!
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 12:47 AM   #143
library addict
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FizzyWater View Post
So when I was able to get first in line for this one at the library, I signed up, but I'm still not in a contemporary mood. I've been trying to psych myself into it, which is why I asked about your grade.

Thanks, again!
I get it.

I haven't been in an historical mood for over 5 years now. I mean I'll read Amanda Quick and I'm only a few behind on Alissa Johnson, but everything else I've purchased for the last 5 plus years has just been stuck in my TBR pile. So this year I'm not buying any more historicals unless I plan to read them right away. (Though I do plan to still get Julia Quinn and others I "buy" with the free Harlequin codes).
Old 01-30-2017, 11:24 AM   #144
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
I admit it's hard to read more than one historical and want to read more after. Now paranormal or romantic suspense are two I never grow tired of.

I'm trying to finish up Crazy For Her by Sandra Owens and Desire After Dark by Amanda Ashley. I may have to DNF the Tessa Dare book I was reading. While I enjoyed the heroine in when she was introduced in the first book. She became dislikable in the second book so much the hero was turned off by her behavior.

Sent from my XT1528
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 12:27 PM   #145
Atunah
Wizard
Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1/K3/BasicK Voyage/Oasis1/Oasis3
Funny how we all have a least one totally favorite romance subgenre we keep going back to. Mine is historical, I can't really get into straight up contempo stuff much anymore. If its romantic suspense, that is better. But I am still mostly a historical reader. Although I have been reading more historical mysteries lately. I guess I like the series aspect on that and the old school crime solving.

Can't find a lot of PNR anymore I like so those are usually older ones I read if I do. More UF in that case.

But even many of the historicals I read are older stuff also. Lots of the newer stuff, all subgenres is just so heavy on the sex now and light on the plot to go along with it. I don't want to constantly read erotic romance. I don't mind steam, but I need my built up, the slow burn, story and character building.
Atunah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 03:34 PM   #146
KyBunnies
Book & Bunny Crazy
KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3 (x2), Fire HD 7-inch (x2), Fire HDX 8.9, Acer Android Tablet
Blossom will probably know the answer to this but is there a list somewhere that shows which 'old school' or 'bodice rippers' are available in digital
KyBunnies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 09:57 PM   #147
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyBunnies View Post
Blossom will probably know the answer to this but is there a list somewhere that shows which 'old school' or 'bodice rippers' are available in digital
Not to my knowledge. I belong to an old school romance club in Facebook. Most there prefer real books though. Big name authors are pretty much available in ebooks. I use Amazon to check for ebook availability.
There's a bodice ripper group on Goodreads that has shelves of bodice rippers. You can click on them and I believe Goodreads shows if an ebook version is available.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 10:05 AM   #148
worktolive
Guru
worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, iPad
A box set of L.H. Cosway's Hearts series is on sale, today only, for $0.99. This includes the first four novels and a novella. I loved the first two books, didn't read the third and thought the fourth was okay.

Hearts Series Box Set

Spoiler:
99c release day sale!

Get the first four books in L.H. Cosway’s Hearts series, plus BRAND NEW bonus novella, Cross My Heart. From quirky heroines to heartthrob heroes and exhilarating plot lines, The Hearts Series is a collection of interconnected standalone novels that will have you glued to the pages.

The Hearts Boxset Bundle includes:
Six of Hearts (book #1)
Hearts of Fire (book #2)
King of Hearts (book #3)
Hearts of Blue (book #4)
Cross My Heart (bonus novella #5.75)

Cross My Heart Blurb:

Iris Garrigan has nothing.

Well, that’s not entirely true. She has her trusty Doc Martin boots. She has her Bowie obsession. And she has the stray cat that sneaks into her bed and keeps her company at night – it’s a quid pro quo relationship. The cat gets a warm body and she gets something alive beside her when she would otherwise be alone.

She also has a job. Sure, washing dishes hardly has her rolling in dough, but with no permanent abode it’s the best she can do. She knows her new boss only lets her work in his restaurant out of pity, but she isn’t above cashing in on a little human compassion if it means she can survive to live another day.

Everything is going fine until Liam Cross starts to take notice of her, poking his newly minted police badge where it doesn’t belong. And if he doesn’t quit soon her not so legal living situation could find her in hot waters. Little does she know, Liam isn’t just being nosy, he’s trying to help. Iris has no idea that he’s been watching her for months, and that he’s completely enamoured with her strange and peculiar ways.

When Liam discovers her secret Iris has two options: stay and face the music or run for the hills.

***Cross My Heart is a contemporary romance novella and tells the story of the youngest Cross
worktolive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 12:32 PM   #149
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
The Belligerent Miss Boynton by Kasey Michaels - FREE
https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/140099

Use coupon code EY28E (100% OFF coupon expires February 3, 2017)

Quote:
A Kasey Michaels Alphabet Regency Romance Classic.

Amanda Boynton is set on escaping her marriage-minded stepfather, refusing to be “sold” on the open market. She plans a grand exit from Society, first making a spectacle of herself at Almacks in order to humiliate the man, and then leaving London for — well, she hasn’t quite figured out that part of her plan yet.

Jared Delaney, Lord Storm, is both intrigued and appalled when he hears of Amanda’s plan (or should we say her lack of a plan), and decides she needs a companion, a protector, as she flees Mayfair in the dead of night.

But once on the road with the belligerent Miss Boynton, his plan begins to change. A small seduction is one thing, but Jared’s thoughts quickly turn to a more permanent arrangement...
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 02:22 PM   #150
kg3
Guru
kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: nook, etc
Repeat Freebie:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kg3 View Post
FREE:

Dream Seeker - Anne Avery

Amazon US---Amazon UK---Amazon Canada

-Science Fiction Romance/Futuristic Romance
-Novella length
-Originally in Enchanted Crossings
published by Love Spell/Dorchester in 1994
kg3 is offline   Reply With Quote