Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 05-21-2012, 03:18 PM   #1
Anabran
GUNDAM PILOT
Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire
Parental control app 6.3.11 update???

HI Well I had My Wi fi on for about ten minutes last friday and they sneaked in the the 6.31 update

Not causing any issues but I am curious about the "parental controls" app that has appeared

It does not launch or do anything
I dont share my device with anyone so I dont actually need this app.

It seems it is one of those "firmware" apps that wont let me delete it but I would like to know why this dead Icon is not active.
Anabran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 03:38 PM   #2
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
It comes with version 6.3.1. If you tap it, you can turn on Parental Controls with a password. I use it to block the web browser, turn on the same password to prevent accidental purchases, I leave the password protect on video playback off and the password protect WiFi off.

The main reason I use it is to protect accidental ebook purchases.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 03:41 PM   #3
Anabran
GUNDAM PILOT
Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

But I tap it and NOTHING happens
no Dialog for a password or anything.
Old 05-21-2012, 04:33 PM   #4
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
Full install

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anabran View Post
But I tap it and NOTHING happens
no Dialog for a password or anything.
Tap Settings \ Sync. Maybe you did not get a full install before.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 04:36 PM   #5
Anabran
GUNDAM PILOT

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirmaru View Post
Tap Settings \ Sync. Maybe you did not get a full install before.
Not near a wi fi spot ATM but I wont bother as I dont need the app anyway

Thanks