Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 03-22-2021, 09:59 AM   #43051
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, GloHD, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
Pecans. Hazelnuts if you want to add more buttery heavenly goodness.

(sigh).

And, back when Nestle made those ineffable mint chocolate chips, which are sadly d/c'ed (sob), you could make a Tollhouse cookied that tasted exactly like Girl Scout Mint cookies.

SO good and so BAD for your arteries, lol.

Hitch
Right now, in my freezer, I have Nestle’s Espresso chocolate chips and I bet those would make Tollhouse cookies that are pretty darn skippy.
issybird is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 11:00 AM   #43052
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
Right now, in my freezer, I have Nestle’s Espresso chocolate chips and I bet those would make Tollhouse cookies that are pretty darn skippy.
AZgggghhhh, I am slapping on my mask and driving to your house right now! I'll be there in 3 days, so you better be ready to repel boarders!

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 02:56 PM   #43053
Rumpelteazer
Wizard
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Kindle Paperwhite 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
The Chocolate Chip Cookie (with a butter cookie dough, originally called the Butter Drop Do before chocolate was added) is hugely famous over here! It's also called the Tollhouse Cookie, apropos of the location of it's creation, I think. Hope you enjoy it!
They were great, although the oatmeal cookies are still my favourite. They also sell cookie dough for shortbread cookies, but those were only my favourite studying in the UK and those cookies were super cheap. For this week's delivery I've ordered the triple chocolate chip cookies.

I still have half of the dough left, but I'll save it for tomorrow, after eating (too much) lasagna I'm snacking on blueberries and grapes tonight.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2021, 06:40 PM   #43054
Rumpelteazer
Wizard
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Waiting for my iPad to update so I can go to bed.

Luna and Maru were very playful today. Chasing each other and play fighting. It's funny, because when Luna feels she's losing the fight she starts hissing, which Maru interprets as that Luna doesn't want to play anymore and she walks away (Maru is a sweetheart), leaving Luna surprised because she does want to keep on playing.

If Maru is fed up with playing and Luna doesn't leave her alone, Maru tries to sit on Luna, specifically on her head. It's funny how she trying to hold Luna down and aim her bum at Luna's head to sit. It never works to dissuade Luna from pestering Maru. Maru usually ends up finding an easily defendable spot where she can keep Luna away.

Luna doesn't understand that if she eats a bug it's gone. She got angry today when the bug had disappeared after she ate it.
Old 03-29-2021, 03:38 PM   #43055
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
LOL!! Those are all very cute word pictures/scenarios! Thanks for the giggles!
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2021, 02:09 PM   #43056
Rumpelteazer
Wizard

My mother has the annoying tendency to keep piles of papers, filled notebooks and other things around the house. Today I got fed up with one pile that kept falling over, so I went through it, threw out what I knew wasn't needed anymore and had my mother deal with the left over pile.

I did find two book giftcards. They're not for a specific store, but in the Netherlands we have a giftcard you can buy books with in most stores that sell books. It's a total of €45 and one has to be used before the end of the year.

So now I'm trying to decide which paper books I want. I think I have decided on Life with the Afterlife by Amy Bruni and then I still have €20 left. I don't want to buy a regular novel, but a book which works better in print than digital, because of pictures or because it's a graphic novel or a colouring book maybe. I am planning on buying local, I don't know which store yet. Probably the small store specializing in art and religious books, they're always happy to order books I want no matter what the subject.
Old 04-07-2021, 10:37 AM   #43057
Rumpelteazer
Wizard

I just made two bracelets and two chains for when I wear a face mask in the store. In between customers or when talking on the phone it's nice to take off my mask. But I'd rather not put it in my pocket and I want to keep it near, when I can easily get it and put in on when it's needed.

I already made one last week and liked it. So I made two more in other colours. It's a great way to use up my seed beads. When I don't need the mask chains anymore I can easily turn the into necklaces.

I'm also planning to make a bunch of ombre bracelets (and maybe mask chains). But I'll need to make lists of which colours I need.
Old 04-07-2021, 10:43 AM   #43058
astrangerhere
Professor of Law
astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H20, Kobo Aura One, KoboMini
I just took my wife to get her first vaccine shot. I was in a priority group, so I have gotten both of mine, but today was the first day she was eligible for hers. We are lucky to live in a town with a huge university hospital. They were doing nearly 100 appointments in every 10 minute block.
astrangerhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:51 PM   #43059
Rumpelteazer
Wizard

Often bank holidays are on a Monday, like with Easter or Pentecost. Most people have an extra day off, but since our store is closed on Mondays anyway it isn't for us. However, this year King's Day (April 27) is on a Tuesday!

My sister managed to get the 26th off work, too. So now I'm going over to her place after work on 24th until the evening of the 27th. It feels like a miniature vacation!

We haven't planned what we want to do. Probably binge watch Doom Patrol from where we stopped last week. And I already promised to order us a high tea (or maybe something else).

Hopefully the weather will be nice and warm enough to sit outside on her balcony. Iirc it was last year (when it was on a Monday), we spend a good couple of hours sitting in the sun.
Old Today, 04:16 PM   #43060
poohbear_nc
What Next?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Visited the NC Botanical Gardens this afternoon - not much to see yet, but it was pleasant to stroll about ... masked and distanced of course.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
android, banana bread - yummy, bread machines, drunk college student, duck!, hooters, how to make apple butter, how to make cream soda, invasion of privacy, liquid eyeliner, plockhoy, spice trade, thread that never ends, unutterable silliness, wait, what?